inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: marjane girls

Written By: nycmystery on 11/12/05 at 7:53 am

remember these 4 bimbettes/lol..they had a couple of hits///they were produced of rick james....."

Subject: Re: marjane girls

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/12/05 at 10:19 am

Yes! There were two black girls, one hispanic/latina, and one white girl.

Their biggest it was "In My House", which isn't about an actual residence, rather a body part. But, I like the song nonetheless.

Written By: nycmystery on 11/12/05 at 10:29 am

also had a hit with "you can be ny candy man"

Written By: whistledog on 11/12/05 at 11:13 am

The Mary Jane Girls were created by Rick James.  He named them after his 1978 hit "Mary Jane". 

In 1983, they had a UK top 20 hit with "All Night Long" from their self-titled debut album

Apart from "In My House" which in 1985 became their only top 40 hit, they also had another hit that year with "Wild and Crazy Love" from their se cond album "In My House".

In 1986, they had a near-top 40 hit (peaked at #41) with a cover of the Frankie Valli song "Walk Like A Man", which appeared in the film "A Fine Mess".  The song was also the only Mary Jane Girls song not to be written by Rick James.  The track was also set to appear on their third album, but because of James' troubles with drugs and Motown Records, the album was shelved, and the girls called it quits

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 11/12/05 at 11:37 am

"Walk Like A Man" was the only one of theirs I ever heard, not a bad little cover.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/05 at 12:27 pm

I like "In my House"

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...