inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rick Springfield to return to General Hospital

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/12/05 at 10:58 pm

In the 80's I loved General Hospital and Rick Springfield, so when he came on there as Dr. Noah Drake....I thought I'd died and gone to heaven....but General Hospital went down the tubes...I can't bring myself to watch it any more, cause it is so dumb...but I heard that they are bring Rick back on GH very soon, and I coouldn't believe it...I have seen Rick on different things recently...I heard he had some bad plastic surgery, and he did look really strange.  I still love him from the 80's though, he's one of my favorite singers. I might have to tuned back in just to see how he's doing.

Subject: Re: Rick Springfield to return to General Hospital

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 11/13/05 at 7:29 am

His first air date is Dec.2 I can't wait. :D

Subject: Re: Rick Springfield to return to General Hospital

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/13/05 at 7:41 am

Yeah, I heard about this somewhere too. Even though I'm not much of a "soap opera" person, I'll probably at least check out a couple episodes.

Will he be reprising the same role as Noah Drake? If so, it'll just be 2005 in the same "universe" that he was in back circa 1981. I wonder if they'll allude to anything in his character's past.

The most recent I've seen him is from his VH1 Behind the Music biography, which I taped in its original airdate, I think in '98. I was surprised to learn he was born in 1949 (they said he was 48 or 49 then - which would be now 56) he still looked much younger.

Also, before that, I was factoring in that his career didn't pick up until he was in his early 30's. But I guess that was more common/accepted in the 80's than now (by today's standards, that would unfortunately be likely considered too "old" to jump onto the music scene, but that's another story). ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...