inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: am I the only one who saw this?

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/05 at 11:38 am

I remember watching a show that was like Twilight Zone and Outer Limits... it might have even been one of these but I haven't been able to locate this specific episode....

There was a man in room (very similar to the "To Serve Man" episode of Twilight Zone) He was talking about life and his daily ritual. I remember there was a treadmill in the room.  The hook of the episode was that the man was under obsevation like a hampster in a cage.  (NO its not the Roddy McDowall episode of Twilight where he is in an alien zoo -"Human in his natural habitat") 

The thing that is significant is the treadmill because it mirrors the hamster cage and wheel.

To be honest I don't even know  if it is from the 80's I just saw it on TV (in California) in the 80's it may have been black and white. I may have dreamed the whole thing. I don't know. But I do know its driving me crazy.  :D

Subject: Re: am I the only one who saw this?

Written By: Skippy on 11/20/05 at 3:39 pm

The only thing that comes to mind is "The Prisoner", a 1970's BBC serial that ran syndicated in the 80's. Do you remember seeing any egg-shaped chairs? The people in charge sat in them. There were also these ridiculously large telephones.

Subject: Re: am I the only one who saw this?

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/05 at 10:19 am

The only thing that comes to mind is "The Prisoner", a 1970's BBC serial that ran syndicated in the 80's. Do you remember seeing any egg-shaped chairs? The people in charge sat in them. There were also these ridiculously large telephones.

I don't remember anything like ....

I just googled the prisoner ep guides and I can confirm that this is not what I was looking for...

My memory is of a stand alone episode like a twilight zone not a plot that carries through a season...

Thanks though

Check for new replies or respond here...