inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bee Gees in the 80's

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/05 at 12:04 pm

Did anyone like The Bee Gees in the 80's?

Subject: Re: Bee Gees in the 80's

Written By: Carl on 11/22/05 at 12:22 pm

The only one I dug was 'The Woman in you',that's it really.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/22/05 at 2:47 pm

I've always enjoyed the music of the Bee-Gees, Jason, and my favorite song of theirs from the 80s is the seldom-heard "One"! It's truly a great, forgotten hit from them! :)

Written By: nycmystery on 11/22/05 at 5:25 pm

"one" is a great song,,i never could figure out why this song doesnt get more airplay over the years...

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/05 at 9:28 pm

I really like One too.  It's weird.  It was a top 10 hit, yet it's rarely heard on radios.  You'd think radio stations would play it alot

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/22/05 at 9:46 pm

I absolutely love "Heartbreaker". "Suddenly everything I've ever wanted has passed me by......"

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/05 at 1:14 am

Heartbreaker is a great tune :)

The Bee Gees wrote alot of great songs.  I always found it odd why they didn't sing them instead. 

Written By: SAM-Indonesia on 11/23/05 at 1:56 am

I like Barry Gibb solo titled - We're the Bunburys - and around 84/85 I watched the video clip. It's about a party. BG singing and walking and greeting his friends. Well, it was an unforgettable video clip. Yet I need to know whether the song charted in Billboard top 10?

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/05 at 2:42 am

I like Barry Gibb solo titled - We're the Bunburys - and around 84/85 I watched the video clip. It's about a party. BG singing and walking and greeting his friends. Well, it was an unforgettable video clip. Yet I need to know whether the song charted in Billboard top 10?

Sadly, it didn't chart.  As a solo artist, Barry's only hit (apart from his Streisand compilation) was Shine Shine in 1984

Written By: robby76 on 11/23/05 at 3:05 am

I can't believe "You Win Again" only got to #75 in the US charts??!! >:(

It was number one in the UK as it should've been in the US... or at least Top 10!

Andy Gibb's "Time is Time" is a stomper too! Love it! :D

Written By: Bratpac on 12/01/05 at 9:39 pm

I loved the Bee Gees even when it was not really cool to listen to them.  Someone mentioned One.  I love that song too, but I have a hard time finding it.  I did here it about two months ago.  :D

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 12/02/05 at 6:58 am

"You Win Again" did pretty well in Australia too -top 10, I think? Anyways, I love it!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/02/05 at 6:40 pm

I think my fave is "Guilty" w/Babs

Check for new replies or respond here...