inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Honeymoon Suite

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/05 at 5:19 pm

1984 - New Girl Now
1985 - Burning in Love
1985 - Stay in the Light
1985 - Wave Babies
1986 - Feel it Again
1986 - What Does it Take
1987 - All Along You Knew
1987 - Lethal Weapon
1988 - Love Changes Everything
1988 - Lookin' Out For Number One
1989 - Still Lovin' You
1990 - Long Way
1991 - Say You Don't Know Me

Subject: Re: Honeymoon Suite

Written By: Triviamom on 11/23/05 at 9:31 pm

I think the only tune of theirs I'm familiar with is "New Girl Now". I remember the video where the singer phones the ex from a phone booth outside her apartment.

Written By: woops on 11/23/05 at 11:05 pm

I think the only tune of theirs I'm familiar with is "New Girl Now". I remember the video where the singer phones the ex from a phone booth outside her apartment.

Ditto

I've seen that video on a DVD  8)

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/09 at 9:37 pm

Saw a guest viewing this.  Almost 3 years later, and Honeymoon Suite are still obscure outside of Canada LOL

I still love 'Wave Babies' the best!.  The music video for it was filmed at the famous Sandbanks Beach (home of the world's largest fresh water sand bar and dune system) in Picton, Ontario which isn't far from where I live.  Beautiful beach!

Written By: johnny5alive on 06/24/09 at 10:47 pm

i dont remember any of those songs, radio in this area must not have picked them up for some reason!

Written By: Midas on 06/25/09 at 10:50 am

"New Girl Now" - the poll itself has the incorrect date.

Written By: Frank on 06/25/09 at 3:46 pm

I liked " Stay in the light" best.

Written By: conker on 07/09/09 at 1:49 pm

I saw these guys in a local bar (The London Tavern 100 seats maybe) in 1983 or 84 just after they'd won the Homegrown contest but before New Girl Now was widely released.
They were a great cover band doing some of the best Genesis covers I have ever heard, plus their originals were quite good.  Man I'm old.

Written By: Frank on 07/09/09 at 4:16 pm

I saw these guys in a local bar (The London Tavern 100 seats maybe) in 1983 or 84 just after they'd won the Homegrown contest but before New Girl Now was widely released.
They were a great cover band doing some of the best Genesis covers I have ever heard, plus their originals were quite good.  Man I'm old.

Would have loved to be there.
I saw "Platinum Blonde" when they were a "Police" cover band (b4 they were famous in Canada) and they were pretty good as well.

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/09 at 5:44 pm

Would have loved to be there.
I saw "Platinum Blonde" when they were a "Police" cover band (b4 they were famous in Canada) and they were pretty good as well.

Platinum Blonde doing Police songs?  That would sound cool.  Mark Holmes vs. Sting. 

Written By: Gis on 07/12/09 at 11:21 am

I saw them in 1986 supporting Saga. I thought they were a great band.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/22/09 at 8:03 pm

They're like a new wave hair band, lol. ;) Maybe it's just me but I can't get into "New Girl Now" and I think it's one of their weaker songs. I like "Stay in the Light" and "Turn My Head" from that debut album alot better. And most of the Big Prize is really good too.

Written By: Bobby on 08/15/09 at 9:38 am

Honeymoon Suite didn't make it to the UK unfortunately and I only have a copy of the song 'New Girl Now' by chance after buying a Juno Award compilation of CDs from a second-hand shop.

'New Girl Now' is cool.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...