inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HUNGRY FOR A DURAN DURAN POSTER EXHIBIT? DURANDY NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Written By: Durandy on 11/25/05 at 2:04 am

TO THE MIGHTY FANS OF DURAN DURAN OR THE 80'S ACROSS THE WORLD....

I am a Fab Five poster archivist.  I am appealing to you for help as I take the first steps toward making a very special event come to life. It is a dream I hope to someday share with Duran Duran devotees or fans of the 80's all over the globe.  I would truly appreciate any support you can offer.

My first public Duran Duran poster exhibition took place in Seattle, WA in February 2001. The show featured 160 posters from my archives. For three days, Duran Duran's legacy was celebrated in a way that has never been done before.

Nearly five years have passed since my first exhibition.  It's time to do it again.

BIGGER.  BADDER.  BETTER THAN EVER.

I have my sights set on the Experience Music Project here in Seattle. The criteria for a proposed exhibit requires proof of a 'public interest'. That sounds like a challenge to me!

I want to see how many people would be interested in a Duran Duran poster exhibit.  Most importantly, I want the curatorial board at the EMP to see how much interest there is!

To accomplish this, I have set up a petition form on my website.  The process is easy:

1. GO TO:  WWW.DURANDY.COM

2. CLICK ON 'EXHIBITION'

3. Fill in your FIRST NAME and LAST NAME, along with any comments you  care to share. It would be great if you could put the country you live in. (Email address is optional)

4. CLICK 'SUBMIT'

When enough names have been compiled, I will include the list with a formal proposal to the Experience Music Project.

*Please note: The information you give will ONLY be used for the sole purpose of providing proof of public interest for a DD poster exhibition.

If you would like to see such a show take shape, I invite you to add your name to the list.  If I can bring my exhibition to the EMP, it may be easier to take the next show to your corner of the world!

If you know of anyone who might be interested, please feel free to pass my petition along. Every name is a Big Thing!!

The band is back together....

A new album is on the horizon....

IT'S TIME TO BRING DURAN-DEMONIUM TO A WHOLE NEW FRONTIER!

I thank you very much for your time and attention to my cause. I look forward to hopefully seeing you when my next exhibition becomes a reality!  Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments-- I'd love to hear from you: CONTACT@DURANDY.COM

All my best to you for a warm, wonderful holiday season.

Sincerely,

Durandy

www.durandy.com

Durandy Productions

Subject: Re: HUNGRY FOR A DURAN DURAN POSTER EXHIBIT? DURANDY NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Written By: Davemeister on 11/25/05 at 4:26 am

Petition signed...

I wouldn't be able to attend an exhibition, but good luck with it.

That's an impressive collection...

Subject: Re: HUNGRY FOR A DURAN DURAN POSTER EXHIBIT? THANK YOU FOR SAYING SO!

Written By: Durandy on 12/01/05 at 10:02 pm

Hello!

I want to extend a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who has signed my exhibition petition so far or expressed encouraging sentiments... each response gives me goose bumps and is truly appreciated.
I want to respond to at least one question that has emerged...

I am simply at the stage of gathering evidence of public interest. The list of names on my petition does not guarantee a show will take place or insure any particular outcome.  If the EMP decides to pass on the prospect of an exhibition, I will certainly keep on trying!

Just in case, I have several alternative ideas for potential venues that may be interested in an exhibit, especially with such an already impressive list of supporters!  One of the possible candidates could be the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, OH. That institution might be particularly appropriate with DD's Hall of Fame eligibility coming up next year! Timing is everything.

My ultimate vision continues to be a world exhibition tour, and it is especially heartening to see interest in the petition from a wide array of countries. I've had responses from Croatia, Germany, UK, Australia, Norway, Italy, Denmark, and Buenos Aires, just to name a few. It's just what I need to show that a DD poster exhibit has a truly international appeal!

If I can bring a poster exhibit to an established venue like the EMP here in Seattle, it may make it easier to take the show even further....

I hope to bring something to the fan community-- and the world stage-- that  is virtually unprecedented.  But it all starts with the voice of the fans.

Thank you again for your very warm, kind support. It's exactly the sort of thing that fuels my fire and keeps me goin'!

Please feel free to continue spreading the word and keep the responses coming-- there's over 250 names so far on the petition! Spectacular. And every one is cherished.

I wish you all my very best for a memorable and safe holiday season.

Take care, and may The Duran be with you!
Feel free to reach me with any questions or comments at:  contact@durandy.com

Sincerely,
Durandy

Durandy Productions
www.durandy.com

(To those who haven't 'signed' the petition yet, if you like the idea of a Duran Duran poster exhibit, I invite you to go to:  www.durandy.com
Just click on 'exhibition' and submit your first/last name, country and any comments you care to share.  Every name is a BIG THING! Thank you very much.)

Check for new replies or respond here...