inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Attack of the 12 inch mixes!

Written By: Tony J Case on 11/25/05 at 7:33 pm

I reciently picked up a CD set called 12"/80's and 12"/80's/2 - a boxed set import out of england of 80's songs. The up side is, well - on most "Best of the 80's" you get the same 10 or so songs, and while Video Killed the Radio Star and Saftey Dance are great songs, how many times do we need to buy them?

Ah but not so with these discs. While there's a healthy selection from artists that you know - but a ton of lesser known songs.

Well, here - just check out some of the songs off the first set

The Cure - A Forest (Extended Mix)
Aztec Camera -  Walk Out To Winter (Long Version)
Soft Cell - Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go?
ABC - Tears Are Not Enough
Simple Minds - Promised You A Miracle
Spandau Ballet - To Cut A Long Story Short
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Spellbound
Bauhaus - She's In Parties (Extended)
Human League - Love Action
Scritti Polliti - Wood Beez
Visage - Fade To Grey (Extended)
Yazoo - Situation
Japan - Quiet Life
Talk Talk - It's My Life
Tears For Fears - Shout (US Version)
Man Parrish - Hip Hop Be Bop
Monsoon - Ever So Lonely (Extended Mix)
Curiosity Killed The Cat - Down To Earth
Black - Wonderful Life
Propaganda - Dr. Mabuse

The other one has Duran Duran, Yello and Frankie Goes to Hollywood - just to name a couple artists. But come on - any set that includes Poppa's Got A Brand New Pigbag has to be admired.

Then thirsting for more 12 inch mixes, I stumbled onto the Retro:Active series. 4 discs from a little label out of Canada that's more of the same with an even more offbeat selection of songs. BTW - both 12"/80's and Retro:Active can be WAY hard to find. I got 'em both from The Ideal Copy: http://idealcopy.com/ (and no I dont work for them - but theyre the only ones who carry both for a reasonable price)

Anyway, to make a long story short (I know: too late), I was wondering if anyone else around here could recommend more discs of 12" mixes on them? I've done some researching, but hell if I can find anymore discs. So suggestions would be damn fine!

Subject: Re: Attack of the 12 inch mixes!

Written By: Schillingfan on 11/26/05 at 11:36 pm

Get the Major Tom (Coming Home) 12" single that has the 12" remix. It's a really cool remix!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...