inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kansas-in the 80s

Written By: Carl on 11/29/05 at 9:19 am

They were very big in the seventies obviously, as per the post on the 70s board, but I liked some of their 80s hits as well. 'Play the game tonight' and 'Fire with fire' are great ones.  'All I Wanted' from the 'Power' album is a great tune! They are a regular stop at B.B. Kings jazz and blues club in NYC along with Toto from time to time.

Subject: Re: Kansas-in the 80s

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/05 at 10:55 am

I love the song "Play the Game" (I mentioned that on the thread in the 70s). In fact, I really like the entire album Vinyl Confessions.

Cat

Written By: Carl on 11/29/05 at 11:04 am

Yep, that album was VERY good.  ;)

By mid decade, most of the group's orginal members were leaving, but they still had a good sound.

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 11:21 am

Originally Kansas called it quits in 1983.

Written By: Carl on 11/29/05 at 11:57 am

Walsh left Kansas earlier though didn't he? And the new lead singer in the early 80s who replaced him was John Elefante.

Written By: whistledog on 11/29/05 at 12:03 pm

Walsh left Kansas earlier though didn't he? And the new lead singer in the early 80s who replaced him was John Elefante.

Yeah, he left in 1981 to form The Streets.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/29/05 at 1:26 pm

Although I prefer Kansas' material from the 1970's, I do like "Fight Fire With Fire" and "All I Wanted"... :)

Check for new replies or respond here...