inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Little Pony

Written By: Carl on 12/01/05 at 9:40 am

Quite the craze around the mid-80s, even did a movie on them! These were just dolls really, in may unique colors, they didn't do anything. I guess such as baseball cards or action figures, you try to collect as many as you can. How many of the women on the board had one of these?

Subject: Re: My Little Pony

Written By: robby76 on 12/01/05 at 10:00 am

My sister had about half a dozen and yes I was guilty of watching a few episodes with her  ;D

Written By: Carl on 12/01/05 at 10:02 am

LOL! I know, we sometimes had to watch what our younger bros and sisters were watching, me included. They did have a show too, I forgot.

Written By: robby76 on 12/01/05 at 10:13 am

What came first the cartoon or the toys? The cartoon started in Sept 1986, but it seems kinda late in the day as my sister would've been 11 yrs old, and I doubt she would've been playing with ponies at 11?!?!

Written By: robby76 on 12/01/05 at 10:15 am

Okay, the toys came out in 1982 which now makes total sense.

Written By: Carl on 12/01/05 at 10:24 am

Yeah,it was quite a craze back then!

Written By: IanWinn on 12/01/05 at 10:26 am

Ponies....tasty with ketchup!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 12/02/05 at 6:44 am

I never owned one, but had a couple of friends who did. I used to enjoy putting little affro braids in their hair. :D

Written By: karen on 12/02/05 at 7:34 am

I guess these toys tried to mix two 'typical' girls interests of dolls and horses.  Never owned one myself (I was about 12 when they came out).  My daughter has one proper one and a couple from McDonalds.

Written By: neebs25 on 12/02/05 at 8:53 pm

I had many My Little Ponies... and it's funny my mom kept them all for me and gave them to me last year when she moved...I'm 25 now, and it was cool to see them again.  They all have different designs stamped on their butts...a star, a butterfly...and I could'nt part with them.  Mabey someday I'll have a daughter and she'll play with them.

Check for new replies or respond here...