inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Saw Depeche Mode last night (11/30/2005)...

Written By: oingo_fan on 12/01/05 at 9:17 pm

I really lucked out and got last-minute 9th row main floor tickets to see DM for the show at the Palace of Auburn Hills (just outside of Detroit, MI).  I've always been a fan and for one reason or another have never managed to see them live up until now.  I went to the show with some apprehension, thinking that the "more mature" band would not measure up to how I remember them from old concert footage and videos.  Guess what, I WAS SO WRONG...The guys look pretty much the same they did back in the day, and more importantly they SOUNDED the same. being spot-on note-for note.  The band consisted of Dave Gahan, Andy Fletcher and Martin Gore along with another keyboardist and a live drummer (these two tour musicians were great).

The setlist was:

A Pain That I'm Used To
John The Revelator
A Question Of Time
Policy Of Truth
Precious
Walking In My Shoes
Suffer Well
Damaged People
Home
I Want It All
The Sinner In Me
I Feel You
Behind The Wheel
World In My Eyes
Personal Jesus
Enjoy The Silence

-Encore 1-
Somebody
Just Can't Get Enough
Everything Counts

-Encore 2-
Never Let Me Down Again
Goodnight Lovers

After the first encore ended I was almost shocked that they didn't play Never Let me Down Again.  I thought the show was over , people were moving around packing up their stuff.  After a few minutes of cheering the band reappeared and started the second encore.  As the first few notes of Never Let me Down Again were played the place went totally #$&*^@# nuts.  I honestly can't recall a reaction like that to a song at any show I've been to (and I've been to alot over the years).  Interesting mix of people, from teenage up to 50 or so.  I've been to the same venue to see Def Leppard and Motley Crue and the DM audience was (by far) more into the show.  If you get a chance to see this show DO IT. 

Check for new replies or respond here...