inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OK all you computer geeks! Remember this?

Written By: wildbill24 on 12/02/05 at 8:14 am

http://oldcomputers.net/pics/vic20.jpg
Ahhh the old VIC-20 computer! Packed with a mind boggling 5k, yes that's right 5k of RAM and it raced along at a blinding speed of 1mhz!  Those were the days!!!!!!

Subject: Re: OK all you computer geeks! Remember this?

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 12:20 pm

I still have my Vic-20 complete with computer tape deck, and a whole bunch of Game Cartridges (Gorf, Avengers, Jupiter Lander ...), but sadly the connector that goes to the TV is broke, so it doesn't work anymore  :\'(

Written By: AFTERSHOCK on 12/02/05 at 4:40 pm

Set the Wayback Machine...

Written By: Skippy on 12/02/05 at 5:32 pm

Oh yeah, the good ol' Vic. I seem to remember Bill Shatner hocking those things on television commercials.
I still have my Vic-20 complete with computer tape deck, and a whole bunch of Game Cartridges (Gorf, Avengers, Jupiter Lander ...), but sadly the connector that goes to the TV is broke, so it doesn't work anymore

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/04/05 at 4:57 pm

Anyone here remember the Commodore Amiga?

Written By: migi on 12/05/05 at 7:35 am

Of course! I had Amiga 2000 in 1988-> It was a huge development from C64 and damn, I had my moments with all those great games.

Written By: Mushroom on 12/06/05 at 11:00 am

I remember the VIC-20 very well!

Written By: Kryllith on 12/06/05 at 12:23 pm

Never had a Vic-20, though a friend of mine did. Never had an Amiga neither, for that matter, though another friend of mine had a couple. I did have both a c64 and a c128 though. Pretty sure I still have the c128 (including the drive, potentially a monitor, and a 300 baud modem) in storage at my mom's place. :)

Kryllith

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 12/07/05 at 8:46 pm

Anyone here remember the Commodore Amiga?

Yep, we had a couple of them in my junior high school. 

Written By: gameguy1957 on 12/08/05 at 6:21 pm

I never had one but we had several in the library in middle school. I had to sit out of p.e. awhile because I tore the cartlidge in my knee in football practice. They'd send me to the library each day where I'd play Pirate Island (after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for it to load from tape).

My original computer was a TI 99/4a . Still got it in a box in the closet.

Check for new replies or respond here...