inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's Holiday Music

Written By: somorose on 12/04/05 at 9:43 pm

:D  It's about that time folks... I am 24 and looking for christmas music I listened to when I was a kid, so we are talking most likely released early to mid 80's, and of course I don't remember the title or the artists, but everyone in my family loved this recording and somehow nobody remembers the name!

What I can tell you is that we had it on cassette, the cassette itself was opaque white plastic with a green elf printed on it. Santa Clause talked between songs and the songs were sung by different artists. It had songs on it such as 'It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas' 'Scarlet Ribbons' 'My Favorite Things' 'Up on the Housetop', etc.

If anyone has any ideas of what this could be, please let me know! Or if you might know of a search database where you can search for songs that appear on a cd (preferably where you can enter more than one song!)

It might be hopeless, but worth a try! My sister just had a baby and is looking to share with her the things she cherished when she was growing up, and I just know this would make her Christmas! My mom is also looking for it, according to her we loved this thing to death, literally. Apparently we played it out. And I can believe that because we did the same thing to the Care Bears and Stand By Me... we just watched them over and over! Also if anyone knows where to get Joan Jett's version of The Little Drummer Boy let me know too!

Thanks for any help and suggestions you can provide!!

~Aimee

Subject: Re: 80's Holiday Music

Written By: robby76 on 12/04/05 at 11:30 pm

Peppermint Kandy Kids? This LP has all those songs

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEPPERMINT-KANDY-KIDS-Santa-Claus-Is-Coming-To-Town_W0QQitemZ4801249977QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/9f/8e/e8_1.JPG

Written By: somorose on 12/07/05 at 12:18 pm

This could be it!!!! ;D
I'll have to find it online and see if i can listen, but I am soooooo excited about it!!
If this is it you will be a holiday hero fer sher!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Written By: Carl on 12/07/05 at 3:45 pm

How about Xmas songs from our well known rock musicians

Hall & Oates- Jingle Bell Rock

Paul McCartney- Wonderful Christmas Time

Written By: star500 on 12/07/05 at 7:17 pm

What about [ Chistmas All Over the World by Sheena Easton? That was a nice song...very pretty and soft. Then again, Sheena could sing almost anything and make it good.

Written By: DJ Zilla on 12/08/05 at 4:48 am

Have to throw these in: Last Christmas/Wham!

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 12/15/05 at 12:37 am

What about [ Chistmas All Over the World by Sheena Easton? That was a nice song...very pretty and soft. Then again, Sheena could sing almost anything and make it good.

That is one of my all time favorites; it's featured on the soundtrack to 'Santa Claus: The Movie' which has long been out of print but is SO worth hunting down! It contains beautiful Christmas music by Henry Mancini. I actually bought a cassette off of ebay last year for 38.00 bucks!!!! It's worth it though!

Written By: star500 on 12/15/05 at 4:08 pm

That is one of my all time favorites; it's featured on the soundtrack to 'Santa Claus: The Movie' which has long been out of print but is SO worth hunting down! It contains beautiful Christmas music by Henry Mancini. I actually bought a cassette off of ebay last year for 38.00 bucks!!!! It's worth it though!

Yeah, that song is beautiful. I downloaded it off Limewire and I listen to it whenever I want to listen to something nostalgic and a touch sad. If I had a credit card, I would hunt it down and buy it too but I dont have a credit card yet, LOL. When I finished college I will get one. Another good Christmas song from the '80s is Band Aid Do They Know it's Christmas Time.

Check for new replies or respond here...