inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: a-ha

Written By: 80s gail on 12/07/05 at 9:23 am

Remember these guys? Well I saw them last night in manchester! Fabulous, sung all there old hits and a few tunes from their new album too,going to download it, good tracks on it.But next week, I will be bursting with even more excitement as I'm going to see my idols, Duran Duran! again in manchester, saw them last year they were brilliant!

Subject: Re: a-ha

Written By: Carl on 12/07/05 at 9:59 am

Always loved the song Take on me, definitely a good group, glad you enjoyed the show.

Written By: whistledog on 12/07/05 at 10:02 am

I love A-ha.  In America, they are always talked about as a one hit wonder, even though they had another top 40 entry with The Sun Always Shines on TV

They had a whole bunch of hits here in Canada.  My favourite was Stay on These Roads.  Such a great, powerful ballad :)

Written By: migi on 12/16/05 at 2:11 am

Remember these guys? Well I saw them last night in manchester! Fabulous, sung all there old hits and a few tunes from their new album too,going to download it, good tracks on it.But next week, I will be bursting with even more excitement as I'm going to see my idols, Duran Duran! again in manchester, saw them last year they were brilliant!

Hope you are going to download it legally :-\\
Those norwegian guys had several hits during 1985-1989 including Bond-theme in 1987- the living daylights.

Written By: Acidpiss on 12/16/05 at 3:45 pm

I was the only person I knew of who got into these guys. Everyone knew "Take On Me", as both the video and song are now considered 80's staples, but I actually liked their entire Hunting High And Low and Scoundrel Days albums.

Good stuff. Definitely an over-looked band by most people.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/05 at 4:36 pm

Great to hear that their are still on the circuit

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/05 at 4:48 am

I liked their hits, but never got into their records or concerts.  I would still vote for "Take On Me" as the greatest "music video" of all time!
I also liked to listen to "The Sun Always Shines On TV," only my interpretation of the song was probably much more Orwellian than intended!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/17/05 at 5:19 am

What's funny?  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...