inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hugga Bunch, cartoon animation, not the puppets! ;)

Written By: Echeau on 12/09/05 at 6:54 pm

So hey everyone, this it the first time I've posted here. And I've got a huge dilemma (sp?) !

I used to watch this Hugga Bunch movie a lot as a kid, I had my boyfriend order the Movie from Ebay for me and its a live action movie. I've never seen this, but when we discovered that he got the wrong thing, we popped it in, and I checked it out. All the sound effects are the same from the cartoon that I used to watch. The story line of the movie that he bought, is the exact same. The little girl who's grandmother is going into an old age home/lost her hugs!.. and her little hugga bunch friends that come through the mirror take her there in a search to help her grandmother grow young again. There is some sort of evil woman/witch and they find these little berries on a tree or something and that is supposed to make her young again. Anyways, I cant remember that much. But I do remember that it was ANIMATED. And the live action movie goes along the almost exact same story line. Maybe there was a tv series, and one episode followed that? Or the other way around, I'm not sure. but I'm DESPERATE!

anyone who has any information on how I might learn more about this, it would be greatly appreciated! Any websites that I can search (that I havent already! haha)

I also was born and raised in the Midwest, and maybe it just aired there? I dont know. Thanks so much guys I appreciate it! :)

Subject: Re: Hugga Bunch, cartoon animation, not the puppets! ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/09/05 at 8:27 pm

I totally remember this movie!  I also remember the cartoon, "Hugga Bunch" as well....but I don't remember seeing a cartoon version of the movie.

Written By: Lisa on 06/21/06 at 5:17 am

I thought i was the only person in the freaking world looking for this movie.  i did'nt even know there was a puppet version?? as soon as i find it i'll let you know. good luck. : :D

Written By: cawel on 12/28/07 at 5:57 pm

The cartoon version of the movie is the one I saw too growing up! I had never seen the puppet version until recently.  The cartoon version was also called Hugga Bunch.  I can only remember bits and pieces though.  Something about a tree and at one point they have to walk sideways in order to stay on the sidewalk.  And I remember the berries part.  Good luck finding it!  I'll be sure to post more if I ever find where it can be gotten.

Written By: knarla on 12/31/07 at 5:15 pm

Is this the one that had the baby that said "gotta love me, I'm the baby"?

Written By: whistledog on 12/31/07 at 5:16 pm

Is this the one that had the baby that said "gotta love me, I'm the baby"?

That was 'Dinosaurs'

Written By: Shelley on 06/08/08 at 3:42 pm

No, I definitely remember this movie, actually I'm searching online for it too. I never even knew there was a live action one, I thought it was just an animated version ! But, I can't even find videos online of the animated version, like no one knows about it or something ? But I bet Amazon.com or eBay.com would maybe have it ?

Written By: movienovice on 07/10/08 at 10:42 pm

I just found the name of this movie! I am 23 and havent seen it in probably 18 years! I am just a little disappointed that I cannot find the animated version either- I NEVER saw the puppets til today. I only want to find the cartoon..so please help. If any of you find it..email me..danielleteal@hotmail.com

thanks
p.s. how embarrassing....

Written By: Cassie on 11/26/08 at 1:25 am

I know its been a lng time since anyone really posted on here but I just wanted to let everyone know the animated version is on you tube now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDLg-Wj5waw
part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biyECs4Nhqk

its the one I used to watch when i was little :D

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/dogrun.gif

Written By: Lauren on 10/01/09 at 6:10 pm

Hi, I know it's been forever since anyone posted on here, but I've been looking for this, too! I found this site http://www.allmovie.com/work/hugga-bunch-23785 that at least acknowledges the cartoon version. So far no luck finding a copy to buy or anything...

Written By: monica on 02/04/10 at 9:59 pm

hey i was just browsing and saw this page, but i have the actual video tape that my older cousin gave me when i was a kid. its somewhere in my attic i know it is, but i havent watched it since i was 5 or 6 probably, anyways, if you are looking to buy it i will sell it to somebody who really wants the tape.but it was probably one of my favorite movies back in the day and i can still remember every detail of it from watching it so much when i was younger, so i knew exactly what you were talking about when i  read this. well, send me an email if anybody wants to buy it, and we can work somethin out.    peace  :)

Written By: wildcard on 02/04/10 at 10:40 pm

Oh yeah these cartoons.  The grandma's getting old so they had to get berrie's for her and there were evil trolls and they had to put on potato sacks and disguise their voice.  I remember another cartoon where a girl gets a puppy but gets mad at it as it gets older.

Check for new replies or respond here...