inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Educational Ball Bearing RollerCoaster Track Type Toy

Written By: donandmike on 12/09/05 at 11:05 pm

Hello, does anyone remember the educational type toy that came in bigger and bigger sets that had ball bearings which would roll rollercoaster style down a track you would conjure up and then set up. I think it even had a motorized spiral type elevator that would taker the ball bearings(marble sized) to the top of the run.  This was sold mostly in educational toy like stores. And I am pretty sure it was in the 80's.  Thanks for your help.

Subject: Re: Educational Ball Bearing RollerCoaster Track Type Toy

Written By: gameguy1957 on 12/10/05 at 6:02 pm

I don't rmemeber it but give eBay a shot. They have most everything and sometimes you can find things by putting in part fo the description.

Also, there was a toy I've been trying to find that is somewhat related. It was a cheap thing from a store called TG&Y . It was a racetrack with two lanes and four different colored plastic cars. They had wheels but actually ran down the track on a little ball bearing that sat in the center. If I remember correctly the track was black with a slot for each car and made a figure-8 shape. You'd press a button at the top and gravity would run them down the track.

Anyone got an idea of this thing? I'd really like to see a picture of one of them.

-JM

Subject: Re: Educational Ball Bearing RollerCoaster Track Type Toy

Written By: david on 12/24/08 at 11:26 am

It was called space warp.
It's been discontinued, and then recently remanufactured.

They still pop up on ebay every now and then.

Cheers

Check for new replies or respond here...