inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie Version of CHiPs... starring Wilmer Valderrama!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/11/05 at 8:42 am

More TV series-as-movies redux:

http://www.clothesoffourback.com/2004auction/2004images/Wilmer-Valderrama.jpg

From www.imdb.com
Valderrama Takes on 'CHiPs' Role

That 70s Show actor Wilmer Valderrama has signed up to star in a remake of the classic TV show CHiPS. Valderrama, ex-boyfriend of Lindsay Lohan and Mandy Moore, will play the role of Francis Llewellyn Poncherello, originally portrayed by Erik Estrada on the show, which followed the pursuits of California Highway Patrol officers and ran from 1977 to 1983. The role of Poncherello's patrol partner Jon Baker, originally played by Larry Wilcox, has yet to be cast. Valderrama's resemblance to Estrada has often been noted, with TLC star Rozonda 'Chilli' Thomas recently describing him as "the little guy who looks like the dude from CHiPS."

Subject: Re: Movie Version of CHiPs... starring Wilmer Valderrama!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/05 at 8:46 am

This has bad idea, written all over it!  ::)  ;D

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 12/11/05 at 9:27 am

Can people take Wilmer Valderrama seriously though after his role as Fez?  Could he really be Ponch?  Granted, Erik Estrada has been seen as a has been guy that is snickered at a lot, but I beleive during the 70s when CHiPs was actually on the air, Estrada was something of a TV star.  Ponch was a cheeseball character, so maybey Wilmer is the best choice.  We'll see how this turns out.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/11/05 at 9:28 am

I agree, Jamie... did anyone see the movie version of The Dukes of Hazzard?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/05 at 9:32 am

I agree, Jamie... did anyone see the movie version of The Dukes of Hazzard?

Written By: robby76 on 12/11/05 at 9:45 am

Maybe it's another rip-take movie... like Starsky & Hutch.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 12/11/05 at 9:53 am

^Probably, it's even harder to take CHiPs seriously then it was Starsky & Hutch, so a jokey pardoy film would be very likely.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/05 at 9:56 am

Maybe it's another rip-take movie... like Starsky & Hutch.
I do believe there is due a movie version of the A-Team

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/12/05 at 12:01 am

I'm not surprised... I think all movies in the future will be based on old tv shows, until there are no more to shows to be remade...  ;D

Written By: robby76 on 12/12/05 at 1:35 am

Can you imagine in 2030, it'll be "West Wing the Movie" or "King Of Queens the Motion Picture".  ::)

Written By: Cafe80s on 12/12/05 at 9:43 am

Yes i believe i started a post about the A-team movie remake many months ago. All the TV show to movie remakes have sucked really really badly & i think they should abandon this concept altogether. When i read people's suggestions for actors to play the A-team in the remake on the imdb forum i was pretty irritated & shocked. Does MTV & pop culture really breed all Americans into complete brain dead morons? People were throwing around names like Jack Black for Merdock, George Clooney for Hanibal LOL, i think Jonny Knoxville the jackass wanker came up for Merdock aswell LMFAO (do we really need to see more of that poser) & a handful of rappers names came up for B.A.  ::). Besides the characters are supposed to be Vietnam veterans so if they chose all these actors in their late 20s & their 30s, that would hardly be believable & if they change the story eg. Gulf War etc then that's just completly changing the story & concept altogether so what's the point of that. I say the only way to make something like this work is to use the remaining actors that are still alive. Besides noone else could ever play B.A. but Mr. T, it's just simple as that & Dwight Schultz was awesome & the only guy for  Murdock.  The other movies on the list of remakes that are set for 2006 are The Warriors, i just know they are gonna kill the original for everyone cause all anyone will remember is the crappy remake.
Rock N Roll Highschool, yet another cult hit set to be destroyed in a theatre near you.

Check for new replies or respond here...