inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: spandex

Written By: nycmystery on 12/11/05 at 10:49 am

skin tight spandex pants,,,this is a fashion that has to be brought back

Subject: Re: spandex

Written By: Cafe80s on 12/12/05 at 10:50 am

I assume you are joking or at least i hope you are. As much as i loved the 80s, i have to say that spandex pants were so wrong & just looked so bad that even words can't describe & i even thought so back then. Skin tight jeans were not too bad depending on the wash or colour & they are quite popular again here in Melbourne Australia at the moment, but spandex pants, uuuum no.  That's a fashion we can all move on from & hopefully forget about, spandex pants were just plain scary.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/05 at 11:36 am

Spandex pants (especially for guys) was just plain WRONG!! However, I must admit that I have a Spandex dress and I must say that I look REALLY GOOD in it.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Kenosha on 12/12/05 at 3:59 pm

I wore spandex shorts. They were black with a thick white stripe running down the side. I wore them with my Avila hightops. Very embarrassing. I really have no idea what I was thinking.

Written By: barefootrobin on 12/12/05 at 4:07 pm

I have pictures of me wearing a blue spandex jumpsuit with a black mini skirt, black granny boots.  Big 80s hair.  I have no idea what I was thinking either, very embarrassing!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 12/13/05 at 5:15 pm

I too confess to wearing spandex pants -and shiny ones at that! I had chubby legs, which makes it even worse! I remember looking back at some photos from 1988 and saying to my mum, "How could you have let me go out like that?" :-[
As for spandex dresses, I have a couple of them and have worn them to 80s gigs. I have slimmed down a bit since my teenage years and always get appreciative looks in my spandex dresses. A word of warning: spandex dresses and skirts have a habit of riding up when one sits down. This can become a problem at a sit-down gig, particularly in the front row. ;)

Written By: Bratpac on 12/23/05 at 11:09 pm

There's a new show called 'I can't beleive I wore that'.  It has one on the 70's and 80's fashions that really bombed.

Written By: The_Plague on 12/25/05 at 11:32 pm

I dont think it needs a revival, although it will always have its special place in history, being worn by some of the greatest NWOBHM acts to ever take the stage in the early 80's.

Check for new replies or respond here...