inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: F.R. David

Written By: whistledog on 12/11/05 at 11:34 am

Anyone remember French singer F.R. David?  He was a one hit wonder, famous for his 1983 song "Words" that topped the charts all over Europe, reached #2 in the UK and even became a modest hit in America, where it peaked at #62

Click here to watch the music video

http://www.rock-pop-tipps.de/images/f-r-david-words.jpg

Subject: Re: F.R. David

Written By: FaultyDog on 12/11/05 at 12:23 pm

Talk about a blast from the past.... 8)

Sure I remember F-R David, sure I remember the song (heck! I've even got the 7") but I couldn't remember the video though. And by the looks of that one it's no real surprise there never was a follow up (well, maybe in France...).

F-R David wasn't the guy's real name, btw. Don't know what his real name is, but my guess is it's R. Fitoussi (who wrote the song). I suppose I could do a google search for that - but I'm too lazy right now. ;)

And I like my 7" better... ::)

Written By: whistledog on 12/11/05 at 12:24 pm

Talk about a blast from the past.... 8)

Sure I remember F-R David, sure I remember the song (heck! I've even got the 7") but I couldn't remember the video though. And by the looks of that one it's no real surprise there never was a follow up (well, maybe in France...).

F-R David wasn't the guy's real name, btw. Don't know what his real name is, but my guess is it's R. Fitoussi (who wrote the song). I suppose I could do a google search for that - but I'm too lazy right now. ;)

And I like my 7" better... ::)

His real name was Elli Robert Fitoussi :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/05 at 12:35 pm

I last heard he was working in a shop quite close to my district, but which shop?

Written By: FaultyDog on 12/11/05 at 12:36 pm

[quote author=whis

Check for new replies or respond here...