inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: On Golden Pond

Written By: Carl on 12/16/05 at 8:54 am

Really liked this film, it was sad because it was Henry Fonda's next to last film.  :\'( I think he did one more movie after this. The acting was very good. It was wierd seeing Dabney Coleman in the role of such a 'nice guy' being her always plays such a creep. This is something a recommend renting or even buying if you like it.

Subject: Re: On Golden Pond

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/16/05 at 10:04 am

Yup, this film highly recommended. I love Katherine Hepburns term of endearment for Norman.
  "you old poop".

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/16/05 at 2:14 pm

A good, but sad film.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/16/05 at 3:47 pm

This is one of those beautiful movies that makes you feel every emotion... Hepburn and Fonda were at the top of their forms, as was Henry's daughter Jane. I loved it when Katherine told Fonda "You are my knight in shining armor!!!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/05 at 4:35 pm

I spent a wedding anniversary of mine once watching this movie and I do not remember a thing about it.

Written By: GREEN67 on 12/16/05 at 9:39 pm

8)  Classic movie!!..Henry Fonda has always been a fave of mine..Just a few hours ago I watched The Grapes Of Wrath..with him starring ....I just got it on DVD....On Golden Pond was so very well acted...you can really feel Janes...Pain...I know in real life her relationship with her father was Strained...It played well...and the chemistry with fonda and Hepburn was wonderful...I highly recommend this movie to those who have not seen it!!

Written By: whistledog on 12/16/05 at 9:41 pm

If I remember, wasn't this Henry Fonda's last film before he passed on?

Written By: GREEN67 on 12/16/05 at 10:28 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/05 at 4:14 am

"Wanna dance or would you rather just suck face"

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-014.gif

Feh, you can stick it in the same place as those other two overrated pieces of cinematic chatter-fodder of the time--
"Annie" and "Reds."
'Nuff said!

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/18/05 at 9:04 am

Even though I normally am drawn to more "comedic" and/or lighthearted stuff in movies, I actually enjoyed this one. Saw it about 10 years ago on one of the Cable movie channels.

I admit I thought Jane Fonda was really cute in this (although that wasn't the sole reason why I watched it!). ;)

For those who haven't seen it, from what I recall, the basic premise was Jane and her husband are on their way somewhere, and end up bringing their kid to stay with Henry Fonda's character, and his wife. The son was around 13, and at first he was kind of a jerk - definant and totally not into the experience. But he ended up warming up to them, so his character changed the most.

The relationship between Jane & Henry Fonda (real life father and daughter, of course) was rocky as well, until the latter half of the movie.

Dang, I should watch it again, I'm getting sketchy with details (not typical of a geek like me!!). :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/05 at 1:55 am

Even though I normally am drawn to more "comedic" and/or lighthearted stuff in movies, I actually enjoyed this one. Saw it about 10 years ago on one of the Cable movie channels.

I admit I thought Jane Fonda was really cute in this (although that wasn't the sole reason why I watched it!). ;)

For those who haven't seen it, from what I recall, the basic premise was Jane and her husband are on their way somewhere, and end up bringing their kid to stay with Henry Fonda's character, and his wife. The son was around 13, and at first he was kind of a jerk - definant and totally not into the experience. But he ended up warming up to them, so his character changed the most.

Yeah, he's the one who called the acting necking, or making out, to "suck face."  That was one of movie's preview lines, as quoted above!
God might have given Hank a little more time if he hadn't made this turkey...I mean, I'm a sucker for sentiment, but not drippy sentimentality!  And old Katherine Hepburn reminds me of a Pez dispenser with Parkinson's disease!

Subject: On Golden Pond

Written By: Dude111 on 02/20/18 at 6:47 am

A good, but sad film.

Yes and the fighting between Henry and Jane was real!!!!! -- They really didnt get along......

I love this movie....Have the first release on VHS in 1982 :)

Check for new replies or respond here...