inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Defenders Of The Earth

Written By: Cafe80s on 12/18/05 at 7:37 am

I was recently very pleasantly surprised, extremly overwelmed with excitement & very pleased when i walked into a JB HiFi sore the other day & found out just by accident that a Defenders Of The Earth entire series cartoon boxset has been released in Australia. I didn't even have to think about the purchase after being in the store for only 60 seconds or so, especially after a few years of searching file sharers & the internet for a lot of cartoon episodes of Defenders Of The Earth & other 80s cartoons from my childhood with no luck or results & just ending up feeling frustrated, angry, old & bitter. I immediatly took the Defenders Of The Earth boxset to the counter in a hurry & made the purchase & left feeling very satisfied with my purchase & very excited to get rush home & watch it.
Anyone else remember Defenders Of The Earth with Flash Gordon, The Phantom, Mandrake The Magician & ofcourse Ming The Merciless & others? What an absolutly brilliant cartoon.  :) 8)

Subject: Re: Defenders Of The Earth

Written By: robby76 on 12/18/05 at 7:48 am

"Defenders of the earth... defenders"!!!

Man do I ever remember it! The theme tune alone is legendary! And what a find... that dvd's not got a worldwide release yet. It is out in the UK though, but in volume sets.

Written By: Cafe80s on 12/18/05 at 8:55 am

"Defenders of the earth... defenders"!!!

Man do I ever remember it! The theme tune alone is legendary! And what a find... that dvd's not got a worldwide release yet. It is out in the UK though, but in volume sets.

If you want this entire series i'm willing to go buy another boxset & send it to you at $44 AU plus postage (which is not much in US$) at no profit to myself. I'm not interested in making money, i'm just interested in the actually cartoons themselves & i would do that sort of thing just for the love of it. I like to share the same joy i get from these cartoons with others. I'm also a very trustworthy person & i loath dishonesty & dishonest people, so you need not worry about me ripping you off or something like that. All you would need though is a multi region DVD player because this DVD boxset is region 4. If you are interested just email me & i can sort something out.  It's awesome for $44 i got 65 episodes. I'm watching it right now & i'm only up to episode  5 called Bits N Chips, so this will keep me busy for quite a while. :)

Written By: Cafe80s on 12/18/05 at 9:15 am

Here is the link to the page for the boxset for the website of the distribution company that that does the release here in Australia:
http://www.forceentertainment.com.au/kaching/index.php?MDIL_task=show_category&submenu=41&search_category=&keyword=&start_number=25&mainmenuItem=1&rpp=5&price_range=
Just scroll to the bottom of the page for the boxset with the entire series.

This link is handy if you wish to just deal directly with the distribution company that releases it, because i realise it's hard to trust someone you don't know that resides on the other side of the world. I'm not sure how it works though because their site doesn't have a shopping cart, i guess you'll just have to contact them & find out.
The home page is just: www.forceentertainment.com.au
Goodluck & enjoy! :)

Written By: robby76 on 12/18/05 at 6:43 pm

Ah ha... yes these are the ones available from www.amazon.co.uk so I'll have no trouble getting them. Just been released too!!! Thanks matey!

Check for new replies or respond here...