inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm really excited because.......

Written By: 80s gail on 12/18/05 at 8:37 am

tonight I'm going to see duran duran in concert in manchester! Saw them last year and they were fantastic! So what I want to know from you all is Who have you seen in concert recently?

Subject: Re: I'm really excited because.......

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/18/05 at 11:05 am

Wow... that is awesome! They put on such a fantastic show... Have a great time  @ the concert! :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/05 at 2:07 am

I'd see 'em!  Duran still has it.  They're older guys, yeah, but they're still svelt!  I mean, it just wouldn't work to have a bald, beer-gut slob of a Simon LeBon trying to sing "Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand...."

I always feel embarrassed for Mike Score who's exactly that, well, I don't think he's bald, maybe he's wearing a rug, but he's been going around with some faux Flock of Seagulls for 20 years.  A year ago the original line-up got together for the VH1 reunion.  Maaaan! Talk about a sour note!  Spontaneity is one thing, but rehearsals are in order after two decades, jeezus!

Written By: 80s gail on 12/19/05 at 9:42 am

I'm reporting back now, wow! What a complete showstopper last night was! they started with "friends of mine" from their 1981 album and went on to planet earth. However they didn't sing hungry like the wolf which is a favourite of mine, but then, all their hits are favs of mine, Simon really pulled all the stops out! FABULOUS!

Written By: Carl on 12/19/05 at 12:37 pm

I always joked and called Duran Duran the 'Beatles of the 80s'! LOL!! Glad you enjoyed the show.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 12/19/05 at 8:43 pm

what I want to know from you all is Who have you seen in concert recently?

I saw Def Leppard a couple months ago at the Meadowlands, and they rocked!

Written By: cables on 12/29/05 at 2:54 pm

Manchester eh? I suspect you don't live too far away from me - Prescot, Merseyside.

Recently I've seen Ray Davies (the Kinks) and Glenn Tilbrook and the Fluffers (Glenn was formerly in Squeeze).

I originally thought fluffers was just a word Glenn had made up as a name for his group. Fortunately I have a 17 year old daughter who enlightened me.

Check for new replies or respond here...