inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: eighties rock

Written By: Nichole on 12/18/05 at 3:20 pm

I am looking for the name of this song and who sang it....one of the verse , if i could fly i would take you as high and show you love like you have never seen.....i think that is how it goes, it was eighties rock...

Subject: Re: eighties rock

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/18/05 at 4:18 pm

Oh yeah, I love that one. :)

It's called "Into the Night" from Benny Mardones (though I could've sworn it was Journey before I knew that - sounds kinda like them). Even though it's a ballad, it's got an upbeat rock vibe too.

Written By: whistledog on 12/18/05 at 5:54 pm

Into the Night is a fabulous song.  Here's a little trivia ...

Into the Night by Benny Mardones was the only record in the 80's to reach the top 20 twice.  It first hit #11 on Billboard in 1980, but years later when DJ's started playing it again, it was re-issued in 1989 and re-charted at #20 on Billboard

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/18/05 at 6:13 pm

^Wasn't it a slightly different version, though?

I know the one you hear on the radio, the big hit version is the 1980 one (which kinda surprised me, since it sounds more like 1982 or '83, if not the later 80's). I think in '89 it was rerecorded for a new album he did, but I could be wrong.

Written By: whistledog on 12/18/05 at 6:19 pm

^Wasn't it a slightly different version, though?

I know the one you hear on the radio, the big hit version is the 1980 one (which kinda surprised me, since it sounds more like 1982 or '83, if not the later 80's). I think in '89 it was rerecorded for a new album he did, but I could be wrong.

It was the same version.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/05 at 1:51 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: nycmystery on 12/19/05 at 7:52 am

"when im with you" by sherrifff was the first song my wife and i danced to at our wedding in 1992

Written By: Kenosha on 12/19/05 at 8:51 am

Members of Sheriff went on to form a band called Frozen Ghost.  The zenith of their career was a tour opening for Howard Jones
Some members of Sheriff also formed a band called Alias.

Written By: whistledog on 12/19/05 at 10:32 am

Members of Sheriff went on to form a band called Frozen Ghost.

Check for new replies or respond here...