inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Howard Jones

Written By: Carl on 12/19/05 at 12:09 pm

First tune I heard from him was 'New Song' which was pretty catchy. I got hooked on his music, and got the next album 'Dream Into Action' Summer of '85.

He had one song on there, 'No one is to blame', but it sounded different than the more upbeat version played on the radio. This one was slower and more mellow. It may have been a re-release, Steve Winwood did that with his song 'Valerie' in '88.

Subject: Re: Howard Jones

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 12/19/05 at 12:23 pm

My best friend in St. Louis made me 8 CDs with awesome songs on them. He entitled them "Ashley Goes To School" because he said he was schooling me in all this music. <3

Howard Jones is on there. "New Song" is SUCH a great song!

And because of Phil, I like Howard Jones.

I guess Phil really DID school me...! <3

Written By: _adam_ on 12/19/05 at 12:53 pm

New Song is one of best New Wave songs ever

Written By: whistledog on 12/19/05 at 1:33 pm

First tune I heard from him was 'New Song' which was pretty catchy. I got hooked on his music, and got the next album 'Dream Into Action' Summer of '85.

He had one song on there, 'No one is to blame', but it sounded different than the more upbeat version played on the radio. This one was slower and more mellow. It may have been a re-release, Steve Winwood did that with his song 'Valerie' in '88.

The version of 'No One is to Blame' which appears on 'Dream Into Action' album remained just an album track.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/19/05 at 2:28 pm

I absolutely love HoJo's music! How could anyone listen to "A New Song" and not be happy? That song makes me want to hop up and dance. "Things Can Only Get Better", "Everlasting Love" and "Life in One Day" are three more uplifting songs, as well as his dance hit "What Is Love?" Then there is the haunting "No One Is to Blame", which is on my list of the Top Ten greatest written songs of all time. Everyone in the world, at one time or another in their life, has been able to identify with the amazing lyrics to this beautiful song!

Written By: robby76 on 12/19/05 at 10:57 pm

"New Song" was one of my favourites as a kid. I also liked "Like To Get To Know You Well".

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 12/19/05 at 11:00 pm

My favorite one by Howard Jones is "Things Can Only Get Better" I love that song.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/05 at 1:53 pm

My favorite one by Howard Jones is "Things Can Only Get Better" I love that song.

I agree it's a good song.

Check for new replies or respond here...