inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Newhart

Written By: whistledog on 12/22/05 at 11:30 pm

Anyone else here a fan of the 80's sitcom Newhart?

http://www.pazsaz.com/pic/newhart.gif

The only thing I didn't like about Newhart was the First Season because it was shot on Video.  When they switched to film, it was great ... gave the show that country feel that it should have had in season 1  :)

Subject: Re: Newhart

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/23/05 at 4:28 am

I absolutely loved Newhart. Such a great show! The cast was so perfect and TV Guide recently voted the final episode of the show one of the Top 10 greatest moments in television history, when it turned out the entire show had been Bob's dream! Classic!  :)

Written By: robby76 on 12/23/05 at 8:44 am

Newhart??!! Hell yes I loved Newhart! It had such a nice feel to it, especially the opening titles. I used to love the hotel they all worked in. Not seen it since the 80's so memory's a little fuzzy.

Written By: whistledog on 12/23/05 at 10:39 am

The one thing that always killed me was how whenever Larry and the Darryl's entered the inn, they'd always introduce themselves.  If Larry came in by himself, he'd say "Hi, I'm Larry ... Party of one"  ;D

Or that one episode where Larry and the Darryl's went on a walk, and when Larry gave Dick a call, he was like "Hi, I'm Larry.  Standing next to me is my brother Darryl, and standing next to him is my other brother Darryl"  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/23/05 at 11:07 am

When I first moved to Vermont, everyone asked me if I met Larry, Darrell, and Darrell. I would say no, but I did meet George Utley. Where I used to live, the maintaince dude reminded me so much of George that I called him that (even though his name was Dan). I have been by the Waybury Inn (that the inn in Newhart was based on).

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/23/05 at 2:20 pm

I enjoyed this show a lot, too. I also got a kick out of the Larry, Darrell, and Darrell characters. I also had this infatuation with the Inn that it was set in. I always wanted to go to one of those country Inns.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/23/05 at 5:09 pm

I enjoyed this show a lot, too. I also got a kick out of the Larry, Darrell, and Darrell characters. I also had this infatuation with the Inn that it was set in. I always wanted to go to one of those country Inns.

It IS a real inn-called the Waybury Inn in Middlebury, VT.

Cat

Written By: bruce on 12/23/05 at 8:10 pm

NEWHART was a great show but the last episode was the best when he wakes up and Suzzanne Pleshette is his wife  Took me right back to the Bob Newhart Show

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/23/05 at 9:10 pm

Loved this show!

Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother, Daryl, and this is my other brother, Daryl.

Good times.

Written By: Skippy on 12/25/05 at 10:04 am

Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother, Daryl, and this is my other brother, Daryl.

..............And we'll do anything for a buck.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 12/25/05 at 5:58 pm

This is one of the best sitcoms of the 80's! Remember that episode where Bob's wife goes on some trip and everyone in town thinks Bob killed her? They were even reenacting the murder at the Inn! Hilarious! By the way, I must be the only person who hated the Larry and Darrel brothers.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/25/05 at 6:11 pm

The last episode was funny-when he woke up from a dream and it was Susanne Pleshette in bed with him (his wife from the Bob Newart show)

Cat

Written By: jlp937 on 12/25/05 at 11:43 pm

I loved this show and I do not think that I have ever seen the ending episode, in fact I am sure I haven't because that ending doesn't ring any bells with me.  I would love to catch a marathon of it on TV land or something.

Written By: kairi747 on 12/26/05 at 9:24 pm

NEWHART was a great show but the last episode was the best when he wakes up and Suzzanne Pleshette is his wife

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/18/06 at 7:25 pm

It IS a real inn-called the Waybury Inn in Middlebury, VT.

Cat

WOW, I need to check that out - that's gonna be another thing on my travel to-do list  ;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/18/06 at 7:29 pm

I liked it alot when I watched it on Nick at Nite as a young child.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/18/06 at 9:03 pm

One of my favorite shows!

Written By: kairi747 on 04/20/06 at 9:10 pm

THE best final episode of a series ever!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...