inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for a space game of the 1980's

Written By: Chris3545 on 12/25/05 at 9:32 pm

I had a 286 computer and bought this game for it. I thought the name of the game was defender but it is not.

Subject: Re: Looking for a space game of the 1980's

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 12/25/05 at 10:33 pm

Chris, that sounds really familiar.  But, I cant think of the name of it  :(    It seems like an Atari 2600 game (in cartridge form)  that I remember playing.  The thing is I know the game wasnt made by Atari or Activision.  It was some off brand game manufacturer.  It seems like I picked it up at a lower price than usual at the time.

However, I could be mixing it up with a game for Commodore 64.

Written By: gameguy1957 on 12/26/05 at 9:53 pm

There are several games like this. Without pulling things out in the game room, there are Star Master for the Atari 2600 and Star Trek - Space Combat Simulator (not sure if that's the exact name for the game). It was made for the 2600, Texas Instruments and several of the other older home computers. I can remember a couple of others but not the names for them. The Star Trek game was also an arcade machine.

Hope this helps.

gameguy1957

Written By: macmcgu on 12/31/05 at 9:31 pm

Was it TRON?

Check for new replies or respond here...