inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Metal Maniacs Unite!!!

Written By: The_Plague on 12/27/05 at 4:45 am

Coming to get you, ohhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  etc etc

Who else here lvoes the old Maiden form the 80's?

Personl highlight was Powerslave (1984) man that albumn still gives off loud screaming induced fit that cannot be cured by any medicine known to man?

Numnber of the beast and Killers also go off hard.

ahhh fudge , every 80's maiden albumn went off, they ddin't hit a dud till the calendar turned 1990 , says a lot for that decade doesn't it?

Subject: Re: Metal Maniacs Unite!!!

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/05 at 9:03 am

I loved the 1988 album 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son' .. best Maiden ever :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/27/05 at 9:12 am

ahhh fudge , every 80's maiden albumn went off, they ddin't hit a dud till the calendar turned 1990 , says a lot for that decade doesn't it?

Not really, 80's metal was still popular in 1990 and '91. It was more like 1993 when it completely disappeared.

But if we're talking about Iron Maiden, I tend to like most of their "hits" (if you can even call them that - I don't think they had much released to radio or MTV). The first I bought from them was the collection called Best of the Beast, I think?

What I liked about them was they were intense but still listenable. Sure they were heavy, and their subject matter tended to be darker, but they weren't total death metal or anything. You could still sing/scream along. ;)

"Two Minutes to Midnight", "Fear of the Dark" and "Can I Play With Madness" are my favorite songs of theirs. "Run to the Hills" is good, but by their standards, overrated (in other words, ask someone about Maiden, and many people only know that song).

Written By: migi on 12/28/05 at 1:55 am

Maiden did a few classic songs and my favorites are Aces High, Two minutes to midnight, The Trooper and Be quick or be dead. Though I listened Iron Maiden it still wasn't a part of my favorites which are more glam/hair hardrock bands like M

Written By: OliverDK on 12/28/05 at 8:22 am

My personal favorite with Maiden must be the "Live After Death" album, but even though I've seen them live three times I must admit that they never were my favorite metal band, I was always more into WASP, M

Written By: Davester on 12/28/05 at 3:24 pm

Check for new replies or respond here...