inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What did your room look like?

Written By: JAFA on 12/28/05 at 10:27 am

Who took pictures of there room?  ::)

ORGANIZED MESS :P

Subject: Re: What did your room look like?

Written By: JAFA on 12/28/05 at 10:29 am

I had some late nights

Written By: JAFA on 12/28/05 at 10:31 am

I was into motorcycles, just a little.

Written By: JAFA on 12/28/05 at 10:34 am

Thank you for visiting, come back soon. :)

Written By: robby76 on 12/28/05 at 10:59 am

Nice, I was hoping for some cool 80's toys but maybe you were a little older for that.

Once again I wish I had my scanner. But my room had a Macho Man WWF poster, along with a Wicket and R2D2 poster. There was an Apple computer. Then came an entourage of toys... you name the toyline, I had it... Star wars, gi joe, thundercats, he-man, mask, smurfs, dungeons & dragons... you name it I had it.

Written By: The_Plague on 12/29/05 at 5:37 am

Who took pictures of there room?

Written By: OliverDK on 12/29/05 at 10:25 am

I don't have a scanner either, but my room was a mix of records and model aircraft, on the walls hung metal posters (Scorpions, WASP, Iron Maiden a.s.o.) as well as british Page-3 girl Samantha Fox, and a black Lamborghini.

Written By: whistledog on 12/29/05 at 11:17 am

My room had lots of cool stuff .. a giant poster of The Joker from the Batman cartoon, I had A-Team Curtains on my window, and my Dukes of Hazzard bed sheets (which I still have)

Written By: KKay on 12/29/05 at 11:33 am

I had an Abba poster and Andy Gibb.
I had a really ugly white plastic stereo.
I had (erg) rainbows and snoopy.
OH! and Dirk Benedict as Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica.
And bunkbeds.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/29/05 at 11:36 am

A mess.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: JAFA on 12/29/05 at 9:30 pm

Ignore that empty Tequila bottle ::)
In my younger days I went digging for bottles, found some rare collectable bottles and a light bulb still intact( in picture ).

Written By: Davester on 12/29/05 at 10:03 pm

It's neat that you still have pics of your bedroom in the 80s.  Sadly, I don't anymore but how I loved my little corner of the world...my room was (during my first two years of high school) sort of a shrine to all my favorite science fiction of the day with nearly every square inch of wall space covered with every Star Wars, Star Trek, Mad Max, Indiana Jones and Ghostbusters poster and magazine pull-out you can imagine.  Was a sci-fi geek extrordinaire.  Not cars, not sports, not alcohol nor recreational drugs but sci-fi...

There came a point when, and I can recall the day well, when I came home from a friend's house and removed all the posters from the walls, rolled them up and put them away.  They eventually were replaced by a couple of Motley Crue and AC/DC posters, but not to the extent that I had befoe.  This, my "post sci-fi" room, is what I had pictures of...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/30/05 at 12:36 am

Depeche Mode posters.  'Nuff said.

Written By: KKay on 12/30/05 at 12:41 am

Depeche Mode posters.  'Nuff said.

sooo much cooler than me and my Dirk Benedict.
i didnt discover cool things for YEARS!!!
I walked to school with a desktop tape player listening to the Star Wars soundtrack.
soooooooooooo sad.
and not even in band or the chess club! :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/30/05 at 1:28 am

sooo much cooler than me and my Dirk Benedict.
i didnt discover cool things for YEARS!!!
I walked to school with a desktop tape player listening to the Star Wars soundtrack.

Dirk Benedict and and the Star Wars soundtrack are cool for retro kitsch...but kitsch doesn't cut in high school.  It's a way of life on college campuses!

And believe you me, the rednecks didn't think I was cool.  "Heeyyyy f*gg*t!"
:o

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/30/05 at 11:17 am

Same as the closet, messy.  ;D  My mom made sure that my bedroom got cleaned up!  ;D  I even remember what she would say if it wasn't.  "If you don't clean your room, I will come up there with a garbage bag, and clean it for you!"  ;D

Written By: BCRichrocker on 12/30/05 at 1:01 pm

Posters of guitarists and bands, girls, and various musical instrument and equipment ads. My guitar, effects and amp were also present. I also had various pets that I kept in my room such as tarantulas, a rat (that I hated and regretted getting), and my peachfaced Lovebird. She used to love standing on my guitar neck when I played.

It was normally kind of messy but I don't think all that bad for the age I was.

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 12/30/05 at 3:36 pm

My room was very girly and 'sugar and spice', like little girls' rooms you see in 80s sitcoms! I'll see if I can't dig up some pictures...

Written By: ValleyGirl on 12/30/05 at 9:39 pm

My bedroom changed throughout the years, but the way I loved it the best...it looked exactly like Molly/Angel's room in the movie "Angel" with Donna Wilkes. With lavendar painted walls, and a white canopy bed, and all white furniture and a white wicker chair at my desk, and lots of stuffed animals.  I loved my canopy bed, my grandma bought it for me when I was 5, and I had it until I was 21.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/31/05 at 3:20 am

Pretty much just a sparser version of what it still is now, LOL.

We moved around a bit, so there were several rooms. Overall though, when I was a kid, I had this big waterbed, a bureau, toy chest, as well as a 9' TV (lasted almost a decade!), Nintendo, several audiotapes, and (when I got to be about 10) a VCR.

I also had some kids' books (one of the few "kid" things I really enjoyed then) with large, illustrated stories, in addition to Nintendo Power magazines. I'll have to scan some pics when I get around to it.

What I'm describing is more like 1988-1992. For most of the "real" 80's, I didn't have that much of "my own" in my bedroom.

Check for new replies or respond here...