inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grease 2

Written By: Carl on 01/03/06 at 10:23 am

Some of you may say to yourselves 'What?', but I kind of liked the sequel to the first Grease movie. I know this film did horrible, and lets face it, nothiong could compare to the first. I was always a big fan of Michelle Pfiefer, and thought as a 'Pink Ladie', she was hot. Maxwell Caufiled I recognized from a few other shows and what not, and he actind was so-so, but not that good. The songs were pretty neat.'Reproduction' was hilarious!! Not a bad sequel, just my view, thwn again, not great either.

Subject: Re: Grease 2

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/06 at 11:34 am

Definitely a guilty pleasure. I like "Reproduction", "Cool Rider" and "Turn Back the Hands of Time".  And Maxwell Caufield is a definite yum.

Cat

Written By: star500 on 01/03/06 at 12:55 pm

I actually really liked this sequel....it was really cool. I always thought Maxwell Caulfield was a real stud muffin in the movie. ::) ;) Michelle Phifer (or however you spell her name ;D) proved that she actually could sing pretty darn good and had a nice voice. I liked a lot of the songs in the movie like Reproduction, Cool Rider, Back to School Again (sung by the Four Tops, I believe), Charades and We'll Be Together. I recently purchased the movie on DVD. My copy was great, my only complaint with it was there was no extras on the disk! :( Oh well, you can't always get everything you want, I guess.

I recommend this movie to anyone who likes musicals. Believe it or not and I know a lot of people are going to be mad at me for saying this, but I actually found it better then the first movie! Don't get me wrong, I am not a Grease hater. I just happened to think that the 2nd one is better--better story, better musical numbers, better characters who actually looked more like teenagers. But hey, that is just my opinion....not everyone will agree with it.

Written By: Carl on 01/03/06 at 12:56 pm

UGH! I read my own post! I guess it would help to use the spell check more huh? LOL!!  ;D

Written By: star500 on 01/03/06 at 12:59 pm

UGH! I read my own post! I guess it would help to use the spell check more huh? LOL!!  ;D

Hahahahahahaha.... ;D

Written By: Carl on 01/03/06 at 1:02 pm

I actually really liked this sequel....it was really cool. I always thought Maxwell Caulfield was a real stud muffin in the movie.   Michelle Phifer (or however you spell her name ) proved that she actually could sing pretty darn good and had a nice voice. I liked a lot of the songs in the movie like Reproduction, Cool Rider, Back to School Again (sung by the Four Tops, I believe), Charades and We'll Be Together. I recently purchased the movie on DVD. My copy was great, my only complaint with it was there was no extras on the disk!  Oh well, you can't always get everything you want, I guess.

Not sure it was really Pfiefer singing or she was just lip syncing to another's voice. Yes, the Four Tops sung Back to School Again that was a neat song. Funny, I recently purchased the movie on VHS. I have a DVD player, but for a clearance price of $5.99, how could you beat that!

I recommend this movie to anyone who likes musicals. Believe it or not and I know a lot of people are going to be mad at me for saying this, but I actually found it better then the first movie! Don't get me wrong, I am not a Grease hater. I just happened to think that the 2nd one is better--better story, better musical numbers, better characters who actually looked more like teenagers. But hey, that is just my opinion....not everyone will agree with it.

Psst! You know what, I liked it a tad better than the first myself.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/06 at 3:02 pm

I didn't think that Michelle Pfeiffer did the singing but according to IMDB, she did. Go figure.

Cat

Written By: Climber on 01/03/06 at 3:21 pm

I LOVE Grease.  Can't say the same about Grease 2, though.
I agree that in the orig, they don't look like teens (and none of them were!), but I still love it! :)

Written By: Marian on 01/03/06 at 3:24 pm

I thought the movie was dreary,and the music was inappropriate for theyear it was supposed to take place--1961???I mean,come on,they didn't have disco then!!!

Written By: Carl on 01/03/06 at 3:36 pm

Well, remember Streets of Fire? The music didn't sound right for the time period it was supposed to be in either, which was the 50s.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/03/06 at 3:52 pm

Liked Streets of Fire, can't say the same for Grease 2.

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/06 at 11:34 am

I know a lot of people are going to be mad at me for saying this, but I actually found it better then the first movie! Don't get me wrong, I am not a Grease hater. I just happened to think that the 2nd one is better--better story, better musical numbers, better characters who actually looked more like teenagers. But hey, that is just my opinion....not everyone will agree with it.

THANK YOU!!! I liked Grease but I LOVED Grease 2.  The songs were good and the film was funny. In fact I can recite practically every line. Sometimes I put on the DVD at work and then turn my back to the TV and just recite the lines.....I also do this with Full Metal Jacket...

Needless to say some people at work are afraid of me HA :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/06 at 12:19 pm

Maxwell Caulfield is a TOTAL hottie! I have had a crush on him since the first time I saw this movie! YUM YUM!

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=maxwell+caulfield/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/SIG=125qjmm4e/EXP=1136744365/*-http%3A//www.alanmercer.com/images/max%20c%2009.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/06 at 1:12 am

"Grease II" was not so much a sequel to "Grease" as it was a prequel to "Back To The Beach"!  Yeeeesh!
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...