inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Bear

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/03/06 at 3:58 pm

Anyone here remember the film, The Bear?  It was about an orphan bear cub, who befriends an adult bear, and tries to escape from the hunters.  I like the fim alot, especially the bear cub. The scene where the cub's mother dies, is still one that really gets to me.

http://www.impawards.com/1989/posters/bear.jpg

Subject: Re: The Bear

Written By: whistledog on 01/03/06 at 7:20 pm

I have a hard to watching this movie.  It always makes me cry  :\'(

Written By: whistledog on 01/03/06 at 7:23 pm

Here's some interesting trivia ...

That Bear in the movie was Bart the Bear.  He was born in 1977 (same as me LOL) and he became a big star.  He played the title role in 'Clan of the Cave Bear', the Bald headed bear in 'The Great Outdoors' and also played the bear in 'Legends of The Fall', 'The Edge' and 'Meet the Deedles'

It's any wonder he wasn't type cast because he always played a Bear  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/04/06 at 10:11 am

;D

Written By: KKay on 01/04/06 at 10:34 am

I didn't go see it because I knew I'd make a silly fool of my self
what with the bawling and the weeping and the 'ooh poor little thing"... :\'(

Written By: Bury_Manilow on 01/04/06 at 6:41 pm

I remember seeing that movie with my girlfriend back in college.  Some guys on my cross country team asked me about it, and I told them that it had a bunch of sex, drugs and violence in it (it did.)  They must have got interested by my description, because a few of them went to go see it a week later.

Check for new replies or respond here...