inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cordless Mics

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 01/03/06 at 11:37 pm

Cordless microphones are all the rage these days -and they are great to use- but about what year did singers start to use them? I ask, because I have a taped episode of Countdown from 1983. For those not familiar, most bands who appeared "live" on the show would mime to a pre-recorded track. One performance from a favourite band of mine, has got me into arguements with a couple of people, cos the lead singer appears to actually be singing. His vocal is quite different from the recording and he actually comes in late with the 1st line. The band are obviously mimimng, as their guitars are not plugged in. Were cordless mics already being used in 1983?

Subject: Re: Cordless Mics

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/04/06 at 2:12 am

Cordless microphones are all the rage these days -and they are great to use- but about what year did singers start to use them? I ask, because I have a taped episode of Countdown from 1983. For those not familiar, most bands who appeared "live" on the show would mime to a pre-recorded track. One performance from a favourite band of mine, has got me into arguements with a couple of people, cos the lead singer appears to actually be singing. His vocal is quite different from the recording and he actually comes in late with the 1st line. The band are obviously mimimng, as their guitars are not plugged in. Were cordless mics already being used in 1983?

Probably, the '80s was when such gadgets began to pop up. 

Check for new replies or respond here...