inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Overlooked Classic of the 80's

Written By: macmcgu on 01/06/06 at 1:19 am

I've read thread after thread about the great movies of the '80's.  I have even seen some daring remarks to some great movies (though rarely) that defined the '80's (at least to me) like Secret of My Success; Bright Lights, Big City; Flashdance; and Suddenly Seeking Susan.  Was Sex, Lies, and Videotape doen in the late '80's?  But, the all time classic movie to remind me why I grew up out of that era (though I would liek to go back to the 80's, but another part), was a movie which had characters named "Turbo" and "Special K", can't remember the lead charcater's "street name" and don't care to rent the video to find out.  Anyone guessed it yet?  It's sequel had the sub-title "Electric Boogaloo".  I'm not sure of the the spelling there, but it's close enough.  BREAKIN was the movie I am talking about.  Thoughts on it???

Subject: Re: Overlooked Classic of the 80's

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/06 at 1:29 am

I have not yet seen Breakin'  :-
Breakin' ... There's No Stopping Us - Ollie and Jerry
Freakshow on the Dancefloor - The Bay-Kays
Body Work - Hot Streak

Subject: Re: Overlooked Classic of the 80's

Written By: Carl on 01/06/06 at 7:53 am

From what I hear, Breakin' was a highly grossed film back then

Check for new replies or respond here...