inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hows your CD collection?

Written By: livinonthe80s on 01/08/06 at 1:56 am

So how many store bought CDs do you have in your collection?  I have over 1,000 of course majority of it is from the 80s!!!

Subject: Re: Hows your CD collection?

Written By: whistledog on 01/08/06 at 2:00 am

Of all of the CD's that I own, I'd say about 30% of them are actual 80's (made in the 80's) CD's and another 30% are 80's compilations and greatest hits of 80's artists made after the 80's

In total, I must have about 2,000 CD's.  I'm more of a cassette tape kinda guy (Got well over 5,000 of those)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/08/06 at 11:17 am

Not awhole lot.

Written By: woops on 01/08/06 at 3:55 pm

Since the late 1990's, about 200

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/09/06 at 1:14 am

I think I have about 70-75 cds left.. i sell them alot in the summer at my gargae sales.... It hurts everytime I get rid of them and I usually go right back to the store and rebuy them!  Dumb huh?  Im really big into the music collections now

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/09/06 at 2:48 am

I didn't personally start buying CD's until 1998 (even though my family had several of them since the mid 80's), when I got our CD boombox. This was after my tape to tape boombox I'd gotten a few years earlier at 11, was starting to not work so well (I treated it good, but hey, it got ALOT of use!!!).

In the 7 and a half years since, I now have got, like 400 (not counting ones I've bought and later given away or resold -- then it would be more like 600).

I'd say half to two thirds are 80's stuff. A good deal of "classic rock" (60's and 70's) and actually alot of 90's too. A few 2000's, but not that much.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/09/06 at 3:04 am

Rather lacking. I started buying in 2000 (which was quite late) at a rate of 5 CD's per year. 2004 and 2005 saw a rate of approx. 20 CD's per year. (Numbers are not very accurate) I'd have many more if the price of CD's were more reasonable. (I have, however been getting into buying second hand CD's... sometimes 5 for the price of 1  8))

I'm looking at around 50 CD's sitting on my CD rack. About 1% of those are 80s CD's, most of my 80s music is in MP3 form.  ;)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 01/09/06 at 11:16 am

I would say about a 1,000. And most of them are 80's groups or singers.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 11:53 am

There are still a bunch of '80s CDs available on important only that I want, I just don't have the bucks to indulge myself right now!  I have pretty much everything I used to listen to in the '80s on CD.  What I couldn't get on CD I transferred from vinyl to CD-R.  I also kept discovering awesome stuff from the '80s that I didn't have in the '80s, so my '80s collection today is far bigger than it ever was in the '80s!
I also have more CD-Rs than I can shake a stick at.  My current interests are in avant-garde chamber music, electroacoustic music, and experimental jazz.  I never had to rip MP3s because I get all kinds of promo service through my radio station, and I just burn CD-Rs from there!

Written By: vinyl lover on 01/09/06 at 9:51 pm

i only got two milk crates full...i only started collecting  about a year ago...all 80s rock,funk,pop,and whatever gets me goinghttp://

Check for new replies or respond here...