inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best "Saga" Song

Written By: whistledog on 01/08/06 at 10:05 pm

My favourite SAGA song will always be It's Time, but Only Time Will Tell comes in very close.  Both big hits for us Canucks back in the day, and still ones I love today :)

Subject: Re: Best "Saga" Song

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 12:47 am

I voted for "On The Loose" because it's a guilty pleasure.  Saga was 'butt rock' if 'butt rock' there ever was!

Written By: Carl on 01/09/06 at 8:55 am

Saga was 'butt rock' if 'butt rock' there ever was!

On the loose is great! What is 'butt rock' though?  ???

Written By: nally on 06/01/07 at 4:53 pm

I recently found out about the band Saga, thanks to my local JackFM station, which has been playing their song "On The Loose" regularly. That's the only song of theirs I know (and it was a hit in 1982 in the US, I think). So my vote will be for that song.

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/07 at 7:25 pm

I recently found out about the band Saga, thanks to my local JackFM station, which has been playing their song "On The Loose" regularly. That's the only song of theirs I know (and it was a hit in 1982 in the US, I think). So my vote will be for that song.

It debuted in the US chart in December '82, but didn't peak until March of '83 :)

Surprisingly, Saga never had a whole lot of hits ...

1980 - It's Time (Chapter III)
1982 - Wind Him Up
1983 - On the Loose
1983 - The Flyer
1984 - Scratching the Surface
1985 - What Do I Know?
1987 - Only Time Will Tell

In America, 'Wind Him Up' was released after 'On the Loose'

Written By: Abix on 06/01/07 at 9:03 pm

On The Loose is the only song I know by Saga. I remember the  lead singer had this sexy black curly hair.. and I had a substitute teacher that looked like him. And I think you found that song for me and sent it to me awhile back, Jason. :) Thanks so much.

Written By: nally on 06/02/07 at 5:06 pm

It debuted in the US chart in December '82, but didn't peak until March of '83 :)

That's what I thought. :) I just know that when I saw it listed as 1981 on the poll, I figured that's maybe when it was released in the band's native homeland. It was most likely recorded then too. Thankx for the info. O0

Subject: Best "Saga" Song

Written By: Dude111 on 02/24/18 at 5:38 pm

On the loose :)

Check for new replies or respond here...