inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best "Saga" Song

Written By: whistledog on 01/08/06 at 10:05 pm

My favourite SAGA song will always be It's Time, but Only Time Will Tell comes in very close.  Both big hits for us Canucks back in the day, and still ones I love today :)

Subject: Re: Best "Saga" Song

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 12:47 am

I voted for "On The Loose" because it's a guilty pleasure.  Saga was 'butt rock' if 'butt rock' there ever was!

Written By: Carl on 01/09/06 at 8:55 am

Saga was 'butt rock' if 'butt rock' there ever was!

On the loose is great! What is 'butt rock' though?  ???

Written By: nally on 06/01/07 at 4:53 pm

I recently found out about the band Saga, thanks to my local JackFM station, which has been playing their song "On The Loose" regularly. That's the only song of theirs I know (and it was a hit in 1982 in the US, I think). So my vote will be for that song.

Written By: whistledog on 06/01/07 at 7:25 pm

I recently found out about the band Saga, thanks to my local JackFM station, which has been playing their song "On The Loose" regularly. That's the only song of theirs I know (and it was a hit in 1982 in the US, I think). So my vote will be for that song.

It debuted in the US chart in December '82, but didn't peak until March of '83 :)

Surprisingly, Saga never had a whole lot of hits ...

1980 - It's Time (Chapter III)
1982 - Wind Him Up
1983 - On the Loose
1983 - The Flyer
1984 - Scratching the Surface
1985 - What Do I Know?
1987 - Only Time Will Tell

In America, 'Wind Him Up' was released after 'On the Loose'

Written By: Abix on 06/01/07 at 9:03 pm

On The Loose is the only song I know by Saga. I remember the  lead singer had this sexy black curly hair.. and I had a substitute teacher that looked like him. And I think you found that song for me and sent it to me awhile back, Jason. :) Thanks so much.

Written By: nally on 06/02/07 at 5:06 pm

It debuted in the US chart in December '82, but didn't peak until March of '83 :)

That's what I thought. :) I just know that when I saw it listed as 1981 on the poll, I figured that's maybe when it was released in the band's native homeland. It was most likely recorded then too. Thankx for the info. O0

Check for new replies or respond here...