inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dukes of Hazzard

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 01/09/06 at 12:09 pm

My favorite is Bo Duke :)

Subject: Re: Dukes of Hazzard

Written By: whistledog on 01/09/06 at 12:37 pm

You forgot Coy and Vance Duke in the poll  ;D

My favourite is Bo also.  I loved when he'd yell "Yeeahhh hoooo" when he'd get behind the wheel  :)

Written By: Carl on 01/09/06 at 1:00 pm

Well, you KNOW I would choose Daisy! Both Bo and Luke I enjoyed. Roscoe was a sentimental favorite, as was Enos. Boss Hogg was hilarious and Uncle Jesse was okay.

Coy and Vance? I feel bad for those two actors who played them because they knew people would never accept them as a replacement for BO and Luke.  But the characters didn't last long anyway.

Written By: 80sforever on 01/09/06 at 1:04 pm

I can't vote...Enos is my favorite  ;) Bo would come in second.

Written By: whistledog on 01/09/06 at 1:10 pm

Coy and Vance? I feel bad for those two actors who played them because they knew people would never accept them as a replacement for BO and Luke.  But the characters didn't last long anyway.

I don't think they ever were really accepted.  On the Season 5 DVD set (which they starred), they are both absent from the cover art

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BB1MJ6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: Webstor on 01/09/06 at 4:29 pm

The best part was after season 5 and the contract disputes had ended.....
The first episode of season 6 had Bo and Luke both return from the NASCAR circuit and basically throw out Vance and Coy.
It is the only time you see all 5 Duke cousins (including Daisy) together at once.
Bo and Luke were basically like, "Uh...thanks for wearing our clothes and pretending to be us for a season...but we're back now........your services are no longer needed."

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 01/09/06 at 4:57 pm

I don't watch ones with Coy & Vance. I've always liked Bo & Luke, they're better

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/09/06 at 6:58 pm

Bo!!!!

Written By: livinonthe80s on 01/10/06 at 12:46 pm

Has to be Daisy...when you rewatch these oldies but goodies...it seems so cheesy :D, but still you gotta watch em ::)

Written By: Watcher29 on 01/10/06 at 2:22 pm

I gotta say, I most admire Daisy. Catherine Bach was just... inspiring... in that role. Yes, inspiring is the word I'm looking for.  :D

Written By: Carl on 01/11/06 at 10:53 am

I agree  ;) I just got the 1st season on DVD, so far I'm enjoying it!

Written By: Bratpac on 01/12/06 at 12:11 am

I remember waiting anxiously every Friday night to watch every episode and then Dallas would come after it.  I didn't watch it much when Coy and Vance took over.  It just wasn't the same.  I liked Bo, my mother liked Luke.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/06 at 9:37 am

Roscoe, all though Boss Hogg should be on the list too.  ;D

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 02/05/06 at 2:59 pm

I also liked Roscoe too.

Written By: Banks on 02/05/06 at 7:20 pm

I had to go for Daisy.

But, really, when I was a kid, while I had the hots for Daisy (as most red blooded Dukes watchers did) my hero's were Bo and Luke. My favorite 'villain' was Roscoe.."This is Roscoe P coal train" or what ever it was he said...I cant really remember right now though.

I remember every person with a hotted up car had the General Lee car horn in their cars, even though, here in NSW Australia, musical horns were (and I think still are) illegal.

I remember my cousin went out and bought one...Funny thing was he'd never watched the Dukes (he was a wanna-be who tried to be cool, but often failed, as this story proves), so when he pulled up, in the middle of Newcastle city where all the most awsome cars parked and pressed his car's horn.....

....The first few bars of the theme song for Bless This House (and I think it is also Londons Big Ben chimes) blasted from his car. He didnt know, and thought it was cool. Everyone was laughing. So, me being a good cousin of 9 years old went over to him and told him the truth about his car horn. My cousin told me that he'd bought it second hand and the person he had bought it from had asured him it was the Dukes car horn he was buying.

AN

AN

Check for new replies or respond here...