inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 01/11/06 at 5:20 am

Just been watching old episodes of Countdown. One of the featured video clips was "Prime Mover" by Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction. I had never heard of these guys before, but the song is completely forgetable crap-metal and the clip is so choc-full of rock'n'roll cliches.....that I have to ask the question: Was this band for real? Were they some kind of send-up, not meant to be taken seriously?
Cos I'm a pri-i-i-i-ime prime mover!
Baby you're mi-i-i-i-ine, I'm a groover!

P-LEASE! :D :D :D

Subject: Re: Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction

Written By: whistledog on 01/11/06 at 11:15 am

Prime Mover was a UK Top 20 hit in 1987  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/26/11 at 10:34 pm

Just been watching old episodes of Countdown. One of the featured video clips was "Prime Mover" by Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction. I had never heard of these guys before, but the song is completely forgetable crap-metal and the clip is so choc-full of rock'n'roll cliches.....that I have to ask the question: Was this band for real? Were they some kind of send-up, not meant to be taken seriously?

Nope, they weren't.  Hanging out with Bill Drummond, founder of KLF, Zodiac Mindwarp was always intended as self-parody,

ruX1dzsM4Ek

Which was probably why it was one of my favorite hair metal videos of the 80s. 

It's a year or so late, but Zodiac Mindwarp came back in 2010 with "We are Vollsung". 

...and Elvis died for you!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/11 at 12:31 am

Sorry.  I do my best to avoid ZMw then as now!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

There are plenty of other more worthwhile bands of time with funny names, such as,
THE LEGENDARY PINK DOTS

Check for new replies or respond here...