inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: British Walkers Shoes

Written By: jfab on 01/11/06 at 2:22 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of British Walkers?  Does anyone know who manufactured them?  I assume British Walkers but I can't seem to find the right company...Help...Thanks

Subject: Re: British Walkers Shoes

Written By: derrick on 07/06/06 at 9:16 am

www.oldschoolbritishwalkers.com

Written By: Gis on 07/06/06 at 11:45 am

Oh you mean loafers!  ;D

Written By: Ewizdom on 08/02/06 at 2:52 pm

http://www.moessneakerspot.com/mens/footwear/casual

Written By: ice on 12/27/07 at 10:45 am

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of British Walkers?  Does anyone know who manufactured them?  I assume British Walkers but I can't seem to find the right company...Help...Thanks

palladio made them the are called original britisher i can get them where are you located?

Written By: Dan on 05/27/08 at 10:18 pm

Ice; I live in New York where they used to sell British Walkers by Palladio in the 70's and 80's.  I would love to by some pairs but I don't know where they can be found.  I don't believe they are even made anymore.  If you have any information I would appreciate it.

Written By: ICE on 06/21/08 at 7:59 am

YOU CAN COP THE BRITISH WALKER AT 58W 125TH STREET THE STORE IS CALLED MEN'S WALKERS THEIR NUMBER IS 212-666-2621.IF YOU LOG ON TO WWW.HARLEMSHOPS.COM THEN SCROLL DOWN THE LEFT SIDE YOU WILL SEE A LINK FOR BUSINESS CLICK ON THAT THEN CLICK ON APPAREL THEN YOU'LL SEE THE LINK FOR MEN'S WALKERS. THEY'VE GOT A LOT OF SHOES AND BRIMS.THE PALLADIO BRAND IS LOCATED IN JERSEY BUT THEY DON'T GIVE AN ADDRESS. ONE OF THE REPS EMAILED ME AND THEY SAID THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO MARKET THE SHOE. I SAID LET ME DO IT.HOLLA I'MA  COP A ALL BLACK PAIR OF SLIP ONS TODAY I'LL TRY TO UPLOAD A PICTURE.HOLLA BACK.

Written By: mikehype1 on 08/03/08 at 1:59 pm

Yo, please help your boy out. I'm looking for stores that still sell British Walkers. What I'd like to do is find a distributor that would sell them to me for whole sale. I'm also looking for those hard to find colors of Wallies. I see that this thread has been going on for a quick minute, but your Boy needs help fast. WPT not CPT. I tried the original old school British walker site but it's dead. I did find a kid in China who sells the Wallies at a cool price but he only sells 5 colors. get back at your boy with any info that may help. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/08 at 3:45 pm

Has eBay been tried?

Written By: mikehype1 on 08/03/08 at 5:37 pm

I have tried ebay. No results for the British walkers, but plenty of hits for the Wallabees. My main problem is that I'm looking to buy the shoes in bulk, 50-70 pairs per purchase. I'd also like to find a bulk seller of those hard to find colors of Wallabees.lime, kool-aid red,mustard,dandruff Hope somebody can help me out with any info on either product.

Written By: AllNat on 08/05/08 at 9:19 pm

wassup Yo' I'm lookin for those fat british too! any updated in fo would be nice. I used to have a pair of green and beige two-tone tie up that i got offa delancy, also the wing tip playboys with the holes in the tip were dope too! what about the chams debaron shirts that had the word 'chams" written all over the shirt. where can I cop those. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/08 at 1:44 am

Is it because they are no being made any more?

Written By: ahMEDina on 10/19/08 at 12:00 am

We sell Britishers at ahMEDina's Closet in Newark, NJ. (973) 624-1967

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/19/08 at 2:11 am

Still nothing on eBay, just looked.

Written By: Francisco Rodriguez on 11/16/08 at 5:49 pm

The Actual name of the shoes we all knew and love way back when is "BRITISHERS" If any inquiring about these shoes is from the "BX" there is a shoe store on Castle Hill Ave and Westchester Ave next to Varsity Clothing store , they have them there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 1:34 pm

The Actual name of the shoes we all knew and love way back when is "BRITISHERS" If any inquiring about these shoes is from the "BX" there is a shoe store on Castle Hill Ave and Westchester Ave next to Varsity Clothing store , they have them there.
That address is a bit too far from me.

Written By: marvin on 11/25/08 at 3:46 pm

That address is a bit too far from me.
    IAM FROM JERSEY AND I CAN GET MY HANDS ON SOME IAM SELLING THEM FOR $90 PLUS $10 FOR SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES. I CAN GET THE SAME ONES ON THE OLDSCHOOLBRITISHERS.COM. IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO GET THEM BUT I FINALLY HAVE THEM. HIT ME UP AND WE CAN GO FROM THEIR. I DONT KNOW HOW TO PROMOTE THEM.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/08 at 3:49 pm

.... I DONT KNOW HOW TO PROMOTE THEM.
Have you considered ebay?

Written By: tootsy51 on 11/25/08 at 3:58 pm

IAM SELIING THE BRITISH WALKERS FOR $90 PLUS $10 FOR SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES. IAM FROM NEW JERSEY AND I FINALLY HAVE THEM. IAM SELLING THE SAME ONES FROM OLDSCHOOLBRITISHWALKERS.COM. JUST CONTACT ME THRU THIS MESSAGE OR KALIEF07@YAHOO.COM. THEY WERE HARD TO FIND BUT I HAVE THEM.

Written By: jpaulghetto on 12/07/08 at 3:21 pm

OK..listen up guys....theres a place called Mike's....located on 8th avenue between 37th & 38th street in Manhattan...the dude has all the British u need...all real Britishers and he also has playboys...i currently have 2 pairs of British n 4 pairs of playboys, the last pair of playboys i copped were the olive green joints for 70.00 on 11/29/2008 black Friday sale....100.00 gets u any pair of British or playboys regularly...he also has the fugazy British and playboys....a real affectionato will be able to spot these quick...the fake ones aren't gum soled....they are hard plastic....And he carries a playboy made by Sanders.....this shoe is made in Britain....n costs 200.00.....but the Britisher playboys are the ones that you 1978-1983 heads will know...

Written By: jpaulghetto on 12/07/08 at 3:27 pm

I have stopped wearin my Timbs since I copped the Britishers....Throw them joints on with some straight leg jeans hemmed...Not cuffed....and a mock neck...I got 2 knit joints like back in the days....or a woven shirt....you will be the muhfudgein man.....

Written By: jpaulghetto on 12/07/08 at 3:29 pm

Let me find out where I can buy a Cortefiel.....Anybody know where to find those at?....Hit me up if you do.....

Written By: djrickj on 01/12/09 at 7:25 pm

OK..listen up guys....theres a place called Mike's....located on 8th avenue between 37th & 38th street in Manhattan...the dude has all the British u need...all real Britishers and he also has playboys...i currently have 2 pairs of British n 4 pairs of playboys, the last pair of playboys i copped were the olive green joints for 70.00 on 11/29/2008 black Friday sale....100.00 gets u any pair of British or playboys regularly...he also has the fugazy British and playboys....a real affectionato will be able to spot these quick...the fake ones aren't gum soled....they are hard plastic....And he carries a playboy made by Sanders.....this shoe is made in Britain....n costs 200.00.....but the Britisher playboys are the ones that you 1978-1983 heads will know...

OK,  Went to Mike's today and you were right on the money.....BRITISH WALKERS at last!  And only $50 for the real deal.  Wallabees, Playboys and British Walkers......they got em all.  Now all I need is the mock necks to match.  Thanks so much for the info.  Been lookin for these for a few years now....hard to find size 13 but they had em!

Written By: Rajdeep Das on 02/09/09 at 6:17 am

We at Khadim India Ltd. make British Walkers Shoe. For further information Pls. contact me at rajdeep.das@khadims.com

Subject: CORTEFIEL

Written By: ICE on 02/09/09 at 6:22 pm

Let me find out where I can buy a Cortefiel.....Anybody know where to find those at?....Hit me up if you do.....

BRO LOOKED ALL AROUND UPTOWN, DELANCEY CAN'T FIND ONE ANYWHERE. BELEIVE IT OR NOT YOU MIGHT FIND ONE AT A SECOND HAND STORE IN THE VILLAGE. SAW SOMETHING SIMILAR MADE BY SEAN JOHN CALLED THE KING HOOK-UP ON THE DR.JAYS WEBSITE.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/09/09 at 6:30 pm

Why the heck are so many "guest" advertising on this thread? 

* wanders off doing the Monty Python Spam skit*

Written By: GOIN WAY BACK on 02/11/09 at 11:51 am

YOU CAN COP THE BRITISH WALKER AT 58W 125TH STREET THE STORE IS CALLED MEN'S WALKERS THEIR NUMBER IS 212-666-2621.IF YOU LOG ON TO WWW.HARLEMSHOPS.COM THEN SCROLL DOWN THE LEFT SIDE YOU WILL SEE A LINK FOR BUSINESS CLICK ON THAT THEN CLICK ON APPAREL THEN YOU'LL SEE THE LINK FOR MEN'S WALKERS. THEY'VE GOT A LOT OF SHOES AND BRIMS.THE PALLADIO BRAND IS LOCATED IN JERSEY BUT THEY DON'T GIVE AN ADDRESS. ONE OF THE REPS EMAILED ME AND THEY SAID THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO MARKET THE SHOE. I SAID LET ME DO IT.HOLLA I'MA  COP A ALL BLACK PAIR OF SLIP ONS TODAY I'LL TRY TO UPLOAD A PICTURE.HOLLA BACK.

JUST COPPED A FRESH PAIR OF BRITISH ON 2/10/09 TWO-TONED TAN AND BROWN GOT A STORE IN BK ON WILLOUGHBY AND FULTON FRESH SUEDE AND LEATHER FRON SWEATERS

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/09 at 12:01 pm

How good are these shoes in snow?

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/11/09 at 2:17 pm

How good are these shoes in snow?

THESE ARE NOT SNOW SHOES THESE ARE FOR STYLING

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/09 at 2:18 pm

THESE ARE NOT SNOW SHOES THESE ARE FOR STYLING
Any piccys?

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/11/09 at 2:26 pm

Any piccys?

I'LL POST THE PICS LATER

Written By: karen on 02/11/09 at 2:28 pm

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/Sing_Melokia/Caps_Lock.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/09 at 2:30 pm

I'LL POST THE PICS LATER
I will look forward to seeing these.

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/11/09 at 2:37 pm

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/Sing_Melokia/Caps_Lock.jpg

My bad

Written By: karen on 02/11/09 at 2:40 pm

My bad

It made your posts hard to read.

I'd like to see a picture of these shoes that everyone is so interested in.

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/11/09 at 8:30 pm

My bad
how did you post that pic?

Written By: karen on 02/11/09 at 8:35 pm

how did you post that pic?

there's the beginnings of an FAQ section in the Playful Penguin Place which I think contains the answer.  Click on this link

Written By: GUEST on 02/12/09 at 8:17 am

I will look forward to seeing these.
c:/users/user-1/pictures/2009-02-10/291.jpeg?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/09 at 8:19 am

Not quite the image I was hoping for.

Written By: karen on 02/12/09 at 9:48 am

This needs to go in the Additional Options section underneath the post reply box.  then it gets the image from your hard drive.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/09 at 9:51 am

This needs to go in the Additional Options section underneath the post reply box.  then it gets the image from your hard drive.
I just thought, can guests send images?

Written By: karen on 02/12/09 at 9:56 am

I just thought, can guests send images?

I was wondering that as I was typing.  Hang on a mo

Written By: karen as guest on 02/12/09 at 9:58 am

test picture can't be posted

Written By: karen on 02/12/09 at 9:59 am

So under Additional Options guests only get 'return to topic' and 'don't use smilies'.  I guess it stops them posting x-rated stuff randomly around the place.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/09 at 10:55 am

So under Additional Options guests only get 'return to topic' and 'don't use smilies'.  I guess it stops them posting x-rated stuff randomly around the place.
Very understandable.

Written By: Philip as a guest on 02/12/09 at 10:59 am

http://www.digitalvintage.com/images/pictures/000412.jpg

Are these Walker Shoes?

Written By: mookeychase on 02/18/09 at 3:03 am

Are these Walker Shoes    Nah Phil these are not them look at the pics Ice posted all 9 pair is what they got out now but back in the day we had all flavors black, white, creme, burgundy,gray,navy, olive,two toned, high-top, zip-up,alligator and a pair with a Velcro strap. Hopefully us on the 80s page about BWs can get these flavors back. I got four pair but my man Ice is doin it!]

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/09 at 3:10 am

Are these Walker Shoes     Nah Phil these are not them look at the pics Ice posted all 9 pair is what they got out now but back in the day we had all flavors black, white, creme, burgundy,gray,navy, olive,two toned, high-top, zip-up,alligator and a pair with a Velcro strap. Hopefully us on the 80s page about BWs can get these flavors back. I got four pair but my man Ice is doin it!]
...but where are the pictures you posted previously?

Written By: Gis on 02/19/09 at 7:43 am

http://www.queenwestphysio.ca/images/shoes/shoes_buck.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/09 at 7:44 am

http://www.queenwestphysio.ca/images/shoes/shoes_buck.jpg
Are they comfortable to walk in?

Written By: Gis on 02/19/09 at 7:46 am

Are they comfortable to walk in?
Probably, all the lads at school had them as i recall.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/09 at 7:51 am

Probably, all the lads at school had them as i recall.
Brought by parents, so lots of complaints then?

Written By: Gis on 02/19/09 at 10:20 am

Brought by parents, so lots of complaints then?
No when I was older, so by then they were choosing their own I would imagine!

Written By: mookeychase on 02/20/09 at 2:27 pm

Yo  what kinda shoes are those black joints?

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/22/09 at 6:32 pm

Oh you mean loafers!  ;D

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/22/09 at 6:57 pm

can some please tell me how to post pics

Written By: karen on 02/22/09 at 6:59 pm

can some please tell me how to post pics

Is the image on your computer hard drive?  Or on a website?

edited to add:  I've sent you a PM ICE IS NICE which I hope explains it all.  :-\\

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/25/09 at 8:28 pm

Are these Walker Shoes?
C:\Users\user-1\Pictures\2009-02-10\290.JPG

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/25/09 at 8:32 pm

Any piccys?

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/25/09 at 8:35 pm

Mook where you at tryin to reach you it's ice

Written By: karen on 02/25/09 at 8:36 pm

C:\Users\user-1\Pictures\2009-02-10\290.JPGC:\Users\user-1\Pictures\2009-02-10\290.JPG

You need to paste this address into the Attach: box which opens when you click Additional Options underneath the reply box

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/25/09 at 8:41 pm

You need to paste this address into the Attach: box which opens when you click Additional Options underneath the reply box

When I click additional options  I get three items :notify me of any replies,return to topic ,and don't use smileys. I don't see attach

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/25/09 at 8:45 pm

Are these Walker Shoes?

Written By: karen on 02/25/09 at 8:48 pm

When I click additional options  I get three items :notify me of any replies,return to topic ,and don't use smileys. I don't see attach

I've just thought why that might be..

You need 100 posts (I think) before you get that option.

Come into the Writing on the Walrus board and join us in a thread called Longest Thread Ever.  It's an easy way to get your post count up.  Then we'll be able to see your photos

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/25/09 at 8:53 pm

{img}C:\Users\user-1\Pictures\2009-02-10\290.JPG{img}

Written By: ICE IS NICE on 02/25/09 at 8:55 pm

I've just thought why that might be..

You need 100 posts (I think) before you get that option.

Come into the Writing on the Walrus board and join us in a thread called Longest Thread Ever.  It's an easy way to get your post count up.  Then we'll be able to see your photos
how do i get there?

Written By: mookeychase on 02/26/09 at 4:25 pm

Yo ice come on inthe80s.com or click on my name on one of these pages and it will let you send me a personal message in my mailbox like I did you.

Written By: Knowledge Born on 02/27/09 at 7:20 pm

I have the britishers on lock tryin 2 find the never endin Bally's they go hard so lets find them i've been through every website i can think of

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/09 at 10:48 am

I have the britishers on lock tryin 2 find the never endin Bally's they go hard so lets find them i've been through every website i can think of
...on lock?

Subject: Cortefiels

Written By: jpaulghetto on 03/08/09 at 3:16 am

yo ice...i found cortefiels on ebaY...i got 2 vintage joints....a 1979 one n a 1977 one.....

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/09 at 3:45 am

yo ice...i found cortefiels on ebaY...i got 2 vintage joints....a 1979 one n a 1977 one.....
You can buy lots of things on ebay.

Written By: KySun on 03/11/09 at 8:16 pm

Do you have a store contact number. I'm coming in from out of state. Bally's I caught some  tan 3/4 tie UPS but the were Bally of Italy not of Switzerland. I had a Rasta pick up in the BX about 5 years ago who said he brought a pair in Philly, he didn't where.

Written By: HarlemQRob on 04/28/09 at 7:39 pm

I copped a few extra pair back in '06

I' willing sell the old ones for $200 - $250

Subject: british walkers

Written By: mookeychase on 04/29/09 at 4:26 pm

Yo who selling them old british walkers by palladio?

Subject: Re: british walkers

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/09 at 4:59 pm

We have another thread on this subject, somewhere

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/29/09 at 5:15 pm

Oh geez not this again. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/09 at 5:16 pm

Oh geez not this again. ::)
That is what I thought.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/09 at 5:16 pm

Maybe ebay?

Written By: Tam on 04/29/09 at 5:30 pm

I merged your thread mookey with this one. It is the same thing and was easilt found on the first page.
Thanks

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/09 at 5:32 pm

I merged your thread mookey with this one. It is the same thing and was easilt found on the first page.
Thanks
I was about to put in a link to it, but you in your way have beaten me to it.

Written By: Hard Rocks! on 08/28/09 at 5:48 am

Party People Your Dreams Have Now Been Fulfilled...

British Walkers
Playboys
Wally's
Timberland Moccasins
Mock Necks
Gabardines (Stitches or Two Toned Pleats)
Stratojacs
Courdefiels
Sheep Skins w/Hat, Gloves
Leather Bombers
Paris Knits
Chams
Le Tigre
Izods
Original Lees, Levi's, and Wranglers
Superstar Adidas
Clyde Pumas
Stan Smiths
69ers
Pro Keds
Specs
Kangols
Cazals
YSL
Gold Rope Chains
Gold Nameplates...and AJ Lester, Leighton's, Tailor Mades for the true Hard Rocks!

Written By: divine drummah on 08/29/09 at 8:23 am

r u saying you kno where to get these items?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/09 at 11:01 am

r u saying you kno where to get these items?

Yep it's called ebay. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/09 at 11:13 am

Has eBay been tried?

Yep it's called ebay. ;)

Written By: mookeychase on 01/07/10 at 7:10 pm

Who knows where to find British Walkers?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/07/10 at 8:08 pm

This is being redundant and ridiculous. >:(

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/08/10 at 11:34 pm

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/silly-walk.gif

Found one!

This is being redundant and ridiculous. >:(

Right!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bN9se-ul_aE/SsfH3bSRbhI/AAAAAAAACAA/HUoMTwFcjh0/s800/graham_chapman_stop_that_silly.jpg

Stop that, it's silly!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/08/10 at 11:38 pm

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/silly-walk.gif

Found one!

Right!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bN9se-ul_aE/SsfH3bSRbhI/AAAAAAAACAA/HUoMTwFcjh0/s800/graham_chapman_stop_that_silly.jpg

Stop that, it's silly!
http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/upsidedown/grin.gif

These Bristish Walker shoes are made for walkin'.

Check for new replies or respond here...