inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Too Close For Comfort.... VEry funny show indeed!

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/17/06 at 11:27 pm

I was up with my boyfriend the other night and we were talking about the late great Ted Knight, all the sudden we were like remembering all the great episodes of Too Close and we were wondering,, when the show lost Sara and Henry worked at some paper, what was the name of that show?  Was it still Too Close?

Subject: Re: Too Close For Comfort.... VEry funny show indeed!

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 12:33 am

I was up with my boyfriend the other night and we were talking about the late great Ted Knight, all the sudden we were like remembering all the great episodes of Too Close and we were wondering,, when the show lost Sara and Henry worked at some paper, what was the name of that show?  Was it still Too Close?

When Sara and Jackie left, they changed the name of the show to The Ted Knight Show.  It wasn't as good, but I still tuned in regularly :)

Too Close For Comfort remains one of my tall-time favourite sitcoms of the 80's (next to Newhart and Mama's Family)  :)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/18/06 at 12:57 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 1:00 am

Thanks for the info.. I fogot that they named the show the Ted Knight show... So sad when he passed away... hes so funny

He was funny yes.  I bet had he not passed away, the show could have lasted another few years

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/18/06 at 1:09 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 1:15 am

I bet it would have... JM J Bullock was a scream... wonder what ever happened to him?

He plays a teacher on that Family show "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide", though I don't know if that show is still on or not

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/06 at 2:01 pm

Every time I have ever watched the movie Streets of Fire, the girl who played Reva always drove me crazy. I had seen her before but I could never place where. We just watched the movie again a few nights ago. This time I was smart and when to the movie data base and then it hit me-she played Jackie in Too Close for Comfort! So this question that had bugged me for all these years was FINALLY answered.  :)

Cat

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/18/06 at 4:33 pm

Every time I have ever watched the movie Streets of Fire, the girl who played Reva always drove me crazy. I had seen her before but I could never place where. We just watched the movie again a few nights ago. This time I was smart and when to the movie data base and then it hit me-she played Jackie in Too Close for Comfort! So this question that had bugged me for all these years was FINALLY answered.  :)

Cat
  Yes, that was Jackie and i just saw Sara on a episode of Curb Ur Enth, its the one where Larry wants to buy a bra for his house keeper, LOL  Larry is so funny!! Sara looked the same and I saw Muriel on an old Matlock yrs ago.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/18/06 at 8:50 pm

Yes it was!

Monroe!!!

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/06 at 10:07 pm

Cat

That was her big break into the movies.  Sadly, she never became a major movie star  :\'(

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/03/06 at 5:34 am

I was wondering if anyone knows if Too Close is aval on video or dvd?  If u know, please post here.. Thanks ;)

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/06 at 1:20 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows if Too Close is aval on video or dvd?  If u know, please post here.. Thanks ;)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000641A1S.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00092ZMH0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/04/06 at 11:40 am

oh my goodness!!!! thanks for letting me know... any idea where I can purchase it.... Wonder if Ebay has it?  Thanks agian.

Written By: whistledog on 02/04/06 at 1:39 pm

oh my goodness!!!! thanks for letting me know... any idea where I can purchase it.... Wonder if Ebay has it?  Thanks agian.

Stores that generally carry lots of TV DVD sets should have them, but they seem to go pretty fast.  I never knew Too Close was such a popular show, until I saw the DVD sets flying off the shelves :o

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/05/06 at 3:47 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/07 at 8:43 pm

A few months ago at a used CD shop, I found Season 2, and when I went to HMV to try and order Season 1, they told me it had been deleted, so I never thought I'd see it.  Today, I went into that same used CD shop, and there on the shelves for $30 was Season 1.  I swear I almost screamed LOL

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/23/07 at 11:11 pm

My parents used to watch this show, and I watched some of the episodes later in syndication.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/24/07 at 1:22 pm

It was a pretty good show.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 06/24/07 at 7:42 pm

A few months ago at a used CD shop, I found Season 2, and when I went to HMV to try and order Season 1, they told me it had been deleted, so I never thought I'd see it.  Today, I went into that same used CD shop, and there on the shelves for $30 was Season 1.  I swear I almost screamed LOL

Wow.. Great find.. I have to start looking at the used cd shops, im always so busy.  I was wondering, what if any extras are on the discs?

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/07 at 12:43 pm

Wow.. Great find.. I have to start looking at the used cd shops, im always so busy.  I was wondering, what if any extras are on the discs?

The First Season appears to have no extras, but the Second Season has a cast reunion with interviews by Lydia Cornell, Deborah Van Valkenburgh and JM J. Bullock.  Nancy Dussalt can also be seen in clips for the DVD release party, but she is not interviewed

Used CD shops are great.  Alot of people never even think to try places like those, but it's amazing the things you find in there.  Both 'Too Close For Comfort' sets are apparently deleted as RHINO Home Video lost the right to release any more, so I never thought I'd see them.  Used CD shops made me a very happy man lol

Written By: Lindee on 06/26/07 at 10:27 am

That was her big break into the movies.  Sadly, she never became a major movie star  :\'(

She was also in the 70s movie "The Warriors".

Written By: whistledog on 07/07/08 at 9:30 pm

Saw a guest viewing this, so I thought I'd update ...

Both 'Too Close For Comfort' sets are apparently deleted as RHINO Home Video lost the right to release any more

And apparently just before they lost the rights, they were about to release Season 3 ...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/tcfcs3.jpg

Seeing that photo makes me both mad and sad.  Damnit, I want Season 3 so bad :\'(

Written By: Atari on 07/07/08 at 9:40 pm

Was Jackie the brunette? Because she was in The Warriors in 1979 before Streets of Fire.

EDIT: I see someone beat me to it already.

Written By: Davester on 07/08/08 at 1:09 am

Seeing that photo makes me both mad and sad.  Damnit, I want Season 3 so bad :\'(

^ That rhymes, man... 8)

Lydia Cornell was the bee's knees...

Check for new replies or respond here...