inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Without Warning"??? Early 80's space alien movie...

Written By: Stevie on 01/18/06 at 10:53 am

There was a movie about a space alien that had disks it would throw that would grab its victim with claws from its edges and had a mouth similar to a starfish on the underside of its body that would chew its victim to death.

Do I have the name right?  Have you seen or know about this movie?

Subject: Re: "Without Warning"??? Early 80's space alien movie...

Written By: Tia on 01/18/06 at 11:46 am

dag, sounds pretty good.

i hate hearing about stuff like this because then i have to see it.

my new favorite cornball science fiction movie is this 1977 movie called "starship invasions," where the aliens use a mind-control ray to make people commit suicide. it's got the most ridiculous costumes of all time.

Written By: Stevie on 01/18/06 at 8:33 pm

The movie is called "Without warning" or "It came without warning".  I saw this movie with my Dad when it was at the theaters.  It has David Caruso in his first acting role, and Jack Palance.  Trust me.  Its not good!!!  Just a warning.  No pun intended!

Written By: Tia on 01/18/06 at 9:29 pm

^without warning. you got a good memory.

and see, now you're DARING me to see it. i fall for this every time. it's going on my queue tomorrow.

oo! greydon clark! the director of "angel's revenge" and "hobgoblins." he has no talent whatsoever.

i'll let you know what i think after i get it.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0081764/

Written By: Tia on 01/18/06 at 9:46 pm

i'm ashamed to admit i've actually seen several greydon clark movies. not just angel's revenge and hobgoblins, which they did mst3k versions of, but also final justice and joysticks. final justice is actually a passable made-for-t.v. action flick. joysticks is

h
o
r
r
i
b
l
e.

absolutely made me wanna kill at random.

the real question is, the guy has never gotten anywhere close to making an actual GOOD movie. but look how many times the powers-that-be in hollywood have let him try! what's up with that?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0163990/

Written By: Stevie on 01/24/06 at 10:22 pm

My apologies for the crappy movie.  I was 8 when I saw it.  Fond memory of going to the theater with my Dad.  Can you believe it actually kept me up all night.  What  a wuss!!!  Hehehe

Written By: Tia on 01/25/06 at 11:39 am

wow, funny coincidence, i was just watching "final justice" -- possibly greydon clark's best picture, though it still sucks -- last night.

well, the mst3k version, which is really the only way you can take it.

i remember "the crawling eye" scaring the tar outta me when i was about eight. it's a funny movie in that b-movie kinda way, but resolutely NOT scary.

Check for new replies or respond here...