inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What 80s band would you like to see make a comeback?

Written By: Carl on 01/19/06 at 10:50 am

Sort of like they had 'Bands Reunited' on VH1, I'm sure this will produce many replies.

Subject: Re: What 80s band would you like to see make a comeback?

Written By: whistledog on 01/19/06 at 12:09 pm

I'd love to see The Arrows make a comeback.  They were an "only in Canada" group who had 6 popular hits between 1984-1986.  Man, were they ever a great band :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/19/06 at 5:13 pm

Of course Devo.  But they'd never chart today, too goofy and not explicit enough. 

I'd thrilled to say a-ha are, amazingly enough, still a hot band in Europe, kind of like U2 are still hot here in the States.  That's so cool.  8)

Written By: Todd on 01/19/06 at 7:57 pm

OINGO BOINGO!!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 01/19/06 at 8:51 pm

W.A.S.P. 

Just to piss off Tipper Gore.  ;D

http://i1.sell.com/0/101/30956/4/40/270085-m.jpg

Written By: GREEN67 on 01/19/06 at 10:19 pm

8) I just heard of a new southern rock tour with Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot coming here..maybe they have been touring but this is the first Ive heard of it..I HAVE to go..

Written By: PatBateman on 01/20/06 at 5:06 am

Donnie: Sorry, I have to inform you more. A-HA is not as popular as U2. They are more like in a same position as Duran Duran. They have a fan base, but not the mainstream stuff.
Al-Bee: WASP is touring all the time.

I'd really like to see Duran Duran's gig and The Police would be amazing to welcome back.

Written By: Carl on 01/20/06 at 9:53 am

Of course Devo.  But they'd never chart today, too goofy and not explicit enough. 

Yeah, but I'll tell you this, I'D go see them! I was a HUGE Devo fan in my early teens.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 01/20/06 at 12:25 pm

There are many, many 80s bands I would love to see make a comeback. Unfortunately, today's music biz is so obsessed with "youth and beauty", often at the expense of the music, that I just can't see it happening for any of my favourites. :\'(

Written By: JAFA on 01/20/06 at 10:10 pm

It will never happen because Robert Palmer passed away in 2003 but I would walk 50 miles up hill both ways to see
Power Station.

Written By: Class of 84 on 01/20/06 at 10:16 pm

Didn't the lead singer or someone from Molly Hachet just recently pass away?  I would like to see Asia do a comeback tour.

Written By: whistledog on 01/20/06 at 10:17 pm

It will never happen because Robert Palmer passed away in 2003 but I would walk 50 miles up hill both ways to see
Power Station.

They did make a comeback in the late 90's with an album called "Living in Fear".  They even performed a song on "Live With Regis and Kathie Lee" :)

Written By: 80sLADY on 01/21/06 at 1:16 am

As the 80's LADY .... I would love to see LOVERBOY make a huge comeback...yes they still tour every year...but I am talking a comeback to the glory days of the 80's!!!!  Last year marked their 25th Anniversary as music making icons!!!!
MIKE - PAUL - MATT- DOUG - SCOTT (rest his sou) will forever be the 80's band that helped US all want to be "WORKIN' FOR THE WEEKEND, made US all "HOT GIRLS IN LOVE, and WE were all "LOVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF IT"!!!

LOVERBOY ROCKS...They are THE PRIDE OF CANADA  and in the hearts of all their fans!!!

Written By: Bratpac on 01/21/06 at 11:47 am

Journey.  My 13 year old just came around to admitting that some 80's music is "Kinda cool".  "It hasta be tough, not goofy".  I'd have to say groups like Sherrif, Mister Mister.  I like to see the early 80's groups make a come back.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/21/06 at 6:34 pm

As the 80's LADY .... I would love to see LOVERBOY make a huge comeback...yes they still tour every year...but I am talking a comeback to the glory days of the 80's!!!!  Last year marked their 25th Anniversary as music making icons!!!!
MIKE - PAUL - MATT- DOUG - SCOTT (rest his sou) will forever be the 80's band that helped US all want to be "WORKIN' FOR THE WEEKEND, made US all "HOT GIRLS IN LOVE, and WE were all "LOVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF IT"!!!

LOVERBOY ROCKS...They are THE PRIDE OF CANADA  and in the hearts of all their fans!!!

They were on "Hit Me Baby One More Time", but I don't know if that's a true comeback.

Anyway. I like Loverboy too, though I probably was introduced to them the opposite of most people. I think it was 1994, I got an 80's compilation tape with "Almost Paradise", and around this time, I also heard "This Could Be the Night", so I kinda got acquainted with their softer stuff. More in the mid 80's radio ballad sense. Like Journey's latter stuff.

However, I've since gotten into "Strike Zone", "Lovin' Every Minute of it" and of course "Working for the Weekend". They're a fun band, whatever style they are.

Other bands/artists off the top of my head:

The Cars (not likely. Ric Ocasek is doing his own thing, and Ben Orr died :( )
Phil Collins
"Say Say Say"-era Paul McCartney
Billy Idol
Eddie Money
"Some Guys Have All the Luck" era Rod Stewart
"We Built This City" era Starship
Steve Miller (more of a 70's artist, but still relevant in the 80's)
Cheap Trick (esp the mid-late 80's styled songs)
Hall & Oates
Lionel Richie
Men At Work

Check for new replies or respond here...