inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Kinks-the 80s

Written By: Carl on 01/20/06 at 10:08 am

They had this one song before Come Dancing called Predictable which I liked. They put out some good albums in the 80s for an aging rock group.

Subject: Re: The Kinks-the 80s

Written By: gmann on 01/20/06 at 11:18 am

They had this one song before Come Dancing called Predictable which I liked. They put out some good albums in the 80s for an aging rock group.

Ya gotta love The Kinks. No other band put out a more consistent string of albums from start to finish, or with greater influence outside of The Beatles. Admittedly, a few of their mid-70's releases are little patchy, but Ray Davies' songwriting abilities remain underrated after all these years. Their 80's revival must have been a big surprise to evryone...including them! 

Written By: whistledog on 01/20/06 at 12:48 pm

The kinks had 6 hits in the 80's (which includes a live version of Lola).  Come Dancing was easily the biggest, but I liked 'Do it Again' the best :)

Written By: Carl on 01/20/06 at 1:11 pm

The kinks had 6 hits in the 80's (which includes a live version of Lola).  Come Dancing was easily the biggest, but I liked 'Do it Again' the best

Yes, gotta love "Come Dancing'!, and 'Do it again' was good too.

Check for new replies or respond here...