inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alvin and the Chipmunks

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/20/06 at 7:10 pm

Anyone here remember Alvin and the Chipmunks or The Chipmunks Movie? I like the show, the movie was ok.

Subject: Re: Alvin and the Chipmunks

Written By: whistledog on 01/20/06 at 7:13 pm

I still have a couple of old Quality Records Chipmunk compilations.  Saw them at a flea market in a pack with some old "Size Small Island" cassette tapes.  I just couldn't resist buying them  ;D

I was a big watcher of the Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoon as a kid.  I loved how they did renditions of then popular hits.  Like the one where they were firemen and they were singing "Holding Out For A Hero", or that one where they were singing "The Longest Time" to that sick kid in the hospital.  Quite cheesy, but always entertaining :)

OR like the time when Alvin wanted to be a big solo rock star, and dressed up like The Boss and started singing "Born in the USA" ;D

Written By: Skippy on 01/20/06 at 7:47 pm

I watched it all the time in the 60's and 70's. Still have a "Chipmunks Christmas" on vinyl LP. I wonder if Alvin ever got his hoola-hoop........  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/20/06 at 9:56 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 01/20/06 at 9:58 pm

Off topic:

Is Size Small Island, the same as the TV show Size Small?

Yep.  Complete with giant guy in a record costume who played those wooden spoons and that old granny who whistled when she said S sounds  ;D

Written By: Dukefan on 01/24/06 at 2:33 am

I loved the 80s version of the Chipmunks as a kid, use to watch it whenever it came on.  Had one of their casset tapes as well.

Written By: Banks on 01/24/06 at 2:56 am

I LOVE the Chipmunks!!!

I have Chipmunk Punk on vinyl. I got it for Christmas 1979. Every now and then I play the album just for a laugh...Alvin singing Call Me, Refugee and My Sharona (among others) is hilariouus, and, strangely enough, quite good.

I always remember Alvin and the guys always wanting to break out into a rock song, but David would stop them and they'd have to play middle of the road early 50's stuff.

AN

Written By: spaceace on 01/24/06 at 11:46 am

I had the LP of both "Chipmunk's Christmas" and Alvin and the Chipmunks meet Doctor Dollitle.  I watched the cartoon. (Alvin's girlfriend Britney was the original "Britney")  Love the song "Witchdoctor". :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/24/06 at 2:11 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/28/06 at 2:55 pm

hehehe..we just got the Chipmunks Christmas album on CD...and are currently listening to it.

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/06 at 6:19 pm

I just bought a late 80s cassette of "Born to Rock" by The Chipmunks with the Chipettes

You ain't lived until you've heard their rendition of George Michael's "Faith" ;D

http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/b0/42/56_1.JPG

Written By: Gidgxx on 11/28/06 at 8:13 pm

I just bought a late 80s cassette of "Born to Rock" by The Chipmunks with the Chipettes

You ain't lived until you've heard their rendition of George Michael's "Faith" ;D

http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/b0/42/56_1.JPG

lol

I think I still have a 45 LP  with the alvin and the chipmunks seeing a christmas song somewhere in my parents basement.

Written By: pell on 11/29/06 at 12:08 am

I have Chipmunk Punk on vinyl.

Ha, I still have that record too, though I haven't listened to it in ages.

I also loved the 80s show, one of my favorites as a kid, and the songs from the 70s. I heard the "Christmas Don't Be Late" (whatever the actual title is) in a store the other day.

One of my favorite moments from the 80s cartoon is when the Chipmunks thought there were aliens in town and were wondering where they were from (Mars, Jupiter, wherever) and Theodore says "Wyoming?". I remember my sister and me cracking up over that.

Written By: Mushroom on 11/29/06 at 9:05 am

I have always loved The Chipmunks.  I still remember getting my first Chipmunk's album in 1972.  I still get a chuckle out of their renditions of Home On The Range (where the deer and the cantalope play), and My Wild Irish Rose (that's funny, you sure don't look Irish).

And of course, how can you talk about The Chipmunks in the 1980's without the album that brought them back into the limelight:  Chipmunk Punk.

This album was really great, with covers from everybody from Queen and Tom Petty to The Cars.

And if you all like The Chipmunks Christmas Album, you gotta check out "Chipmunks Roasting On An Open Fire", by Bob Rivers.  8)

Written By: spaceace on 11/29/06 at 11:18 am

I have always loved The Chipmunks.  I still remember getting my first Chipmunk's album in 1972.  I still get a chuckle out of their renditions of Home On The Range (where the deer and the cantalope play), and My Wild Irish Rose (that's funny, you sure don't look Irish).

And of course, how can you talk about The Chipmunks in the 1980's without the album that brought them back into the limelight:  Chipmunk Punk.

This album was really great, with covers from everybody from Queen and Tom Petty to The Cars.

And if you all like The Chipmunks Christmas Album, you gotta check out "Chipmunks Roasting On An Open Fire", by Bob Rivers.  8)

I had the album The Chimpmunks Meet Doctor Dolittle
Have you guys heard the version of "Achy Breaky Heart"  that Alvin does with Billy Ray?  Always makes me laugh. ;D

Written By: Zinky on 06/28/09 at 5:04 pm

Anyone here remember Alvin and the Chipmunks or The Chipmunks Movie? I like the show, the movie was ok.
I do!  I co-wrote one of their songs for The Chipmunks Movie!  Go Chipmunks! :D

Written By: Womble on 06/28/09 at 5:17 pm

I used to have an LP of songs from the original series when I was a kid. Could be worth something on E-Bay now.

Check for new replies or respond here...