inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Joan Armatrading

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/06 at 2:12 am

Anyone remember Joan Armatrading?

She was a British singer who had several popular UK hits in the 70's and 80's.  Her biggest UK hit was Love and Affection in 1976

Her only U.S. hit was Drop the Pilot which only made #78 on the Billboard Charts in 1983

http://www.musicaememoria.com/JARM-TheKey.JPG

Subject: Re: Joan Armatrading

Written By: FaultyDog on 01/21/06 at 1:45 pm

Joan Armatrading - now there's a name you don't hear a lot anymore these days...

She's not had any hits here either, with the exception of Rosie reaching #15 in 1980.

One of my personal favourites is Kind Words (And A Real Good Heart) from her Sleight Of Hand album. I bought the 12" when it came out, though I hardly ever listen to it (too much of a job  :P).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/21/06 at 11:57 pm

She's a great artist, though I never saw her live. 
The Militant Lesbian Feminists for Mandatory Castration did not allow any male over the age of five to attend her shows!
:o

Written By: jaytee on 01/22/06 at 8:02 am

She's a great artist, though I never saw her live. 
The Militant Lesbian Feminists for Mandatory Castration did not allow any male over the age of five to attend her shows!
:o

I've seen her live twice and she was brilliant.  My favourites are "Show Some Emotion" (that whole album is wonderful) and I also loved "Me Myself And I".  I still listen to her "Best Of" CD on a regular basis.

Written By: Paul on 01/22/06 at 9:41 am

'Love And Affection', her breakthrough hit in Britain, is still a great listen...

Check for new replies or respond here...