inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Modern Romance - Poll

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/06 at 8:29 pm

http://america.net/~davdmock/modern1.jpg

Modern Romance was a 7 piece band from London who did swing influenced pop songs. 

From 1981-1983, they released 2 albums that sent 8 hits into the UK top 40, the biggest of which was "Best Years of Our Lives" (which in 2000 was covered by the Baha Men for the "Shrek" Soundtrack).  A 3rd album in 1985 produced no hits (to the best of my knowledge)

ALBUMS:
♦ 1981 - Adventures in Clubbing
♦ 1983 - Trick of the Light
♦ 1985 - Burn It!

SINGLES:
♦ 1981 - Everybody Salsa
♦ 1981 - Ay Ay Ay Ay Moosey
♦ 1982 - Queen of the Rapping Scene (Nothing Ever Goes the Way You Planned)
♦ 1982 - Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White
♦ 1982 - Best Years of Our Lives
♦ 1983 - High Life
♦ 1983 - Don't Stop That Crazy Rhythm
♦ 1983 - Walking in the Rain
♦ 1983 - Good Friday
♦ 1985 - Best Mix of Our Lives

Subject: Re: Modern Romance

Written By: Sal Amato on 01/23/06 at 3:22 pm

Geoffrey Deane went on to head Atlantic UK, Can You Move, Aye Aye Moosey, Nothing Ever Goes The Way You Plan all hits at WBMX.COM

Subject: Re: Modern Romance - Poll

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/07 at 4:39 pm

Over a year and a half later, i figure I should vote LOL

I like 'Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom white' the best!  Excellent vocal version of a Perez Perado classic 8)
I have 'Trick of the Light' on LP, and it is one of my favourite albums of the 80s (and of all time). 

This is one band that I am very sad to say had no chart success in Canada :\'(

Written By: Paul on 09/07/07 at 5:14 pm

I must have missed this!  :-[

'Walking In The Rain' for me (and a bit of a departure from their 'normal' sound)...rather strange how they couldn't follow this up!

Their output has been somewhat 'ignored' throughout the years, but at long last, they've finally been rewarded with a Greatest Hits compilation... :)

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/07 at 10:28 pm

Their output has been somewhat 'ignored' throughout the years, but at long last, they've finally been rewarded with a Greatest Hits compilation... :)

This is excellent news.  A GH has been long overdue 8)

I read where MR are currently on a comeback tour througout Europe.  I wonder if there will be new material and a new album in the worx?

Check for new replies or respond here...