inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Luis Cardenas - Heavy Metal Rocker

Written By: whistledog on 01/23/06 at 8:21 pm

Anyone remember Luis Cardenas?  He was best known as a member of the popular Heavy Metal band Renegade, when in 1986, he released a solo album called "Animal Instinct" and scored a world-wide hit with a cover of the Del Shannon classic "Runaway"

Although the song only made #83 on the Billboard Charts, the Music Video (which featured animated dinosaurs) became one of the most added videos in history and featured cameo appearances from Del himself as well as Donny Osmond

Click here to watch

Subject: Re: Luis Cardenas - Heavy Metal Rocker

Written By: Gis on 03/31/06 at 1:12 am

I do ! I have the 12'' single of 'Runaway' He was also in the Guiness book of records for having the biggest drumkit in the world !!

Written By: whistledog on 03/31/06 at 1:16 am

I do ! I have the 12'' single of 'Runaway' He was also in the Guiness book of records for having the biggest drumkit in the world !!

He was in Guiness yes.  I believe he had something like a 90 piece drum set :o

Written By: ragebass on 03/31/06 at 1:34 am

Yup, I remember him - I have the album myself and loved the cover of "Runaway" - and he had a monster drumkit.

Check for new replies or respond here...