inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any (Clan of) Xymox fans out there?

Written By: oingo_fan on 01/24/06 at 9:26 pm

I first started listening to them back in 1987 (a pivotal year in my life, check out the avatar sig).  Anyways, I first heard the song "Obession" on a show called "Brave New Waves" on 101.9 FM in Detroit.  I've always liked synth-based music (Front 242, Depeche Mode, New Order, The Fixx, Wang Chung, Skinny Puppy...) but this band totally blew me away at the time.  I really like the fact that they're still together coming out with new releases.  This BY FAR is the music that "takes me back"...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000001FQU/sr=1-2/qid=1138159455/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-7036761-5177553?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Subject: Re: Any (Clan of) Xymox fans out there?

Written By: Xcess-N-Htown on 01/25/06 at 7:07 am

I like their music as well.  My fave though is "Imagination"

Written By: ADH13 on 01/26/06 at 12:47 am

Xymox sounds familiar but I can't really remember what songs I liked of theirs... were they possibly the ones who did a cover of "As Tears Go By" by Rolling Stones?

Written By: Davester on 01/26/06 at 7:12 am

My one-and-only Xymox album is PHOENIX (First cassette then CD) from the year I first heard of them, 1991.  Was pulled in by "Wonderland" and "Phoenix Of My Heart" but discovered the whole album is very good.

Check for new replies or respond here...