inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Devo 2.0 have you heard?

Written By: KKay on 01/27/06 at 12:08 pm

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?

In Billboard nwes swas the story of how GeraldV Casale has been trining a bunch of talkented kids to be a "mini Devo"...
it's promoted by Disney..
take a look at the article.
This will either be funny, or piss off the die hard fans, or kids won't get it....
hmmm.

I haven't decided how I feel about it yet.
kk

Subject: Re: Devo 2.0 have you heard?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/27/06 at 12:09 pm

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?

In Billboard nwes swas the story of how GeraldV Casale has been trining a bunch of talkented kids to be a "mini Devo"...
it's promoted by Disney..
take a look at the article.
This will either be funny, or piss off the die hard fans, or kids won't get it....
hmmm.

I haven't decided how I feel about it yet.
kk

So it IS for real!

Like I said, I hope they remake "Cold War".  ;D

Written By: gmann on 01/27/06 at 2:17 pm

This should be a hoot. I'd  request "I Desire", what with those John Hinckley lyrics and all.  8)

BTW, I saw Devo at Lollapalooza in '97. It was a great show, but I don't think the majority of the Tool fans there gave a damn. 

Written By: KKay on 01/27/06 at 2:25 pm

This should be a hoot. I'd  request "I Desire", what with those John Hinckley lyrics and all.  8)

BTW, I saw Devo at Lollapalooza in '97. It was a great show, but I don't think the majority of the Tool fans there gave a damn. 

Maybe Tool fans would like them more if they were 10 years old?
I really will seek this out. Everyone I know has seen Devo live but me...I guess this is my chance- for the near future, anyway.

Check for new replies or respond here...