inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Officer and A Gentleman

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/27/06 at 5:51 pm

Who here remembers A Officer and A Gentleman?  Reason of bringing this up is that Annapolis, which is opening today, seems like a carbon copy of this film.  ::)

Subject: Re: A Officer and A Gentleman

Written By: whistledog on 01/27/06 at 7:03 pm

I remember An Officer and A Gentlemen.  It was an OK song, but dear god I cannot stand that Joe Cocker/Jennifer Warnes song "Up Where We Belong".  If any an overplayed song in the 80's, that one takes the top prize

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/27/06 at 7:17 pm

I agree....  ;D

Written By: Banks on 01/27/06 at 10:59 pm

I love An Officer And A Gentleman. Its a great movie. I call Top Gun (a movie I really dont like) the Officer And A Gentleman for the teens.

AN

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 02/04/06 at 3:35 am

Top Gun was actually written as the sequel to Officer originally. But by the time they got financing etc it was too far down the track for Richard Gere to be playing the pilot role. So the script got a rewrite and new casting.

I love Officer - sexy film and touching when his mate suicides. And I LOVE the song !!!! I dont care how smalzchy it is hehehehe.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/06 at 4:02 am

Remember yes, seen no!

Check for new replies or respond here...