inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rescue 9-11 and Unsolved Mysteries

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/28/06 at 7:16 pm

Anyone here remember Rescue 9-11 and Unsolved Mysteries? I would have to say of the two, Unsolved Mysteries is my favorite.

Also worth mentioning is America's Most Wanted.

Subject: Re: Rescue 9-11 and Unsolved Mysteries

Written By: whistledog on 01/28/06 at 7:20 pm

I really loved watching Unsolved Mysteries.  The supernatural stories were awesome.  If they ever brought the show back, it just wouldn't be the same without Robert Stack.  He was an excellent host of that show :)

I liked Rescue 9-11 as well.  Anything with William Shatner I watch.  That guy cracks me up.  I am proud to call him Canadian O0

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/28/06 at 7:23 pm

I agree it's hard to replace Robert Stack.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/28/06 at 9:41 pm

My mom and I would always watch Rescue 911 together. I also watched Unsolved Mysteries, however, the music always freaked me out...as did some of their dramatizations. :-\\

Written By: gmann on 01/28/06 at 10:47 pm

"Unsolved Mysteries" was a fave of mine. Robert Stack had a presence in everything he ever did, so replacing him would be nigh impossible. The supernatural stories were always a little spooky.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/29/06 at 1:46 am

My mom and I would always watch Rescue 911 together. I also watched Unsolved Mysteries, however, the music always freaked me out...as did some of their dramatizations. :-\\

Yeah, have you noticed the 1988-93ish episodes had that "grainy" filming quality to them? IMO this made it even scarier at times. I think the stories in the "old" days were also more fascinating and varied. I still like taping the reruns, especially to see if any of them have been updated.

P.S. Rescue 911 is another favorite of mine when I was 12-14 or so. Does anyone know offhand if it's at all on the air (yeah, I know I'm a geek, but I really like collecting old episodes)?

If not, it should be (they were as late as '97 I believe) 'cause it's not like a sitcom or anything. Even if the stories are dated now, it still has some relevance since it was educating too.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/29/06 at 1:48 am

P.S. Rescue 911 is another favorite of mine when I was 12-14 or so. Does anyone know offhand if it's at all on the air (yeah, I know I'm a geek, but I really like collecting old episodes)?

looks like it is a no :(

Here's some info that I found concerning the show.....

Rescue 911
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
Rescue 911 was an informational reality-based television series which profiled the true stories of people in peril, and the 911 dispatchers who saved them from death. The show ran on CBS from 1989 to 1996 and was narrated and hosted by William Shatner.

At its height, the show was adapted in 45 countries (with their own 911 equivalent showcased). Although reruns have previously been shown on cable stations such as Fox Family, The Hallmark Channel, and Reality TV, as of August 2005, Discovery Health stopped airing reruns, meaning the show is currently no longer aired on any U.S. network. Episodes can still be found on Australia's Crime & Investigation Network.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/29/06 at 2:01 am

looks like it is a no :(

Here's some info that I found concerning the show.....

Rescue 911
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
Rescue 911 was an informational reality-based television series which profiled the true stories of people in peril, and the 911 dispatchers who saved them from death. The show ran on CBS from 1989 to 1996 and was narrated and hosted by William Shatner.

At its height, the show was adapted in 45 countries (with their own 911 equivalent showcased). Although reruns have previously been shown on cable stations such as Fox Family, The Hallmark Channel, and Reality TV, as of August 2005, Discovery Health stopped airing reruns, meaning the show is currently no longer aired on any U.S. network. Episodes can still be found on Australia's Crime & Investigation Network.

Thanks Erin -- that's too bad, btw. :(

I'd thought about getting an extended cable service just for stuff like this. I still might do it for VH1 Classic when I can (but I'd be glued all day if I could watch 80's music videos, LOL), but I hate to think some episodes I only vaguely remember from ten years ago I'll never see again.

P.S. I heard about it still being on in Australia (I have some online friends from Oz). Maybe I could pay 'em to tape reruns for me. ;D

Double P.S. I'd love to have something like this on DVD (even less likely).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/29/06 at 2:04 am

Thanks Erin -- that's too bad, btw. :(

I'd thought about getting an extended cable service just for stuff like this. I still might do it for VH1 Classic when I can (but I'd be glued all day if I could watch 80's music videos, LOL), but I hate to think some episodes I only vaguely remember from ten years ago I'll never see again.

P.S. I heard about it still being on in Australia (I have some online friends from Oz). Maybe I could pay 'em to tape reruns for me. ;D

Double P.S. I'd love to have something like this on DVD (even less likely).

we have digital cable and we get a lot of extended channels (a few different Nickelodeon channels, tons of different MTV and VH1 channels, Lifetime movie network channel that shows all lifetime movies, etc.)  I don't really watch too much TV...but for someone that did, or really liked that kind of stuff...it would be very beneficial.

I know, I wish they still showed episodes of it too. They must have just stopped showing them on the Hallmark Channel, as I remember not too long ago, watching reruns of it.

Written By: Dukefan on 01/29/06 at 2:03 pm

I loved both shows.  I can remember watching them as a child. 

Written By: Dagwood on 01/29/06 at 9:06 pm

I loved both shows.  My sister and I always called Rescue 911 babies getting hurt. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/29/06 at 11:01 pm

I loved Unsol. Mysteries.  I watch it almost every afternoon on Lifetime television.

Subject: Rescue 9-11 and Unsolved Mysteries

Written By: Dude111 on 02/21/18 at 5:56 am

I agree it's hard to replace Robert Stack.

I agree....... That was my favourite period of U.M. ...... I didnt it after he left.........

Rescue 911 was OK................ But UM is better (Or was)

Check for new replies or respond here...