inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember Video Kids??

Written By: 1983_new_born on 01/29/06 at 2:41 pm

I used to play their first LP released back in 1984: "The Invasion Of The Spacepeckers".
It's been over 16 years I lost a home-taped copy of it and I still want to listen to the album again!

Also, could anyone post any of the lyrics here besides "Woodpeckers From Space"?

Thank you.

Alex.-

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember Video Kids??

Written By: FaultyDog on 01/29/06 at 4:20 pm

I used to play their first LP released back in 1984: "The Invasion Of The Spacepeckers".
It's been over 16 years I lost a home-taped copy of it and I still want to listen to the album again!

Also, could anyone post any of the lyrics here besides "Woodpeckers From Space"?

Thank you.

Alex.-

Alex - I don't know where you're from, but I'm quite surprised to find out Video Kids are known outside their home country (The Netherlands, that is).
The people behind the Video Kids are Cees Bergman, Erwin van Prehn, Elmer Veerhoff, Aart Mol and Geert Jan Hessing. They've been in music business since the mid-1970s, and also produced and recorded "music" under variuos other names such as Catapult, Monotones, Master Genius, Holland and The Smurfs (listed in chronological order). As you may or may not have deducted from that list, none of these acts are to be taken too seriously.

The only two singles I know by Video Kids are Woodpeckers From Space and Do The Rap. I didn't even know they made an album, though it doesn't really surprise me. I'll see if I can find some lyrics for you.

Written By: Paul on 01/29/06 at 4:24 pm

Oh God! 'Woodpeckers From Space'...how that haunts me!

Not a huge hit over here, but 'remembered' by some!

Let me just have a brief reminder...

(Eech! Even the record sleeve haunts me!)

Written By: FaultyDog on 01/29/06 at 4:36 pm

Me again - haven't been able to find any lyrics other than Woodpeckers From Space, but... I did stumble across this site which provides a free download of the album. Dunno if you're interested... ???

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/06 at 6:47 pm

I don't remember Woodpeckers From Space, but I do know of it.  Quite a catchy little number.  I bought a German CD a few years ago called "Best of Dance '85" and that song was included :)

Written By: 1983_new_born on 01/29/06 at 8:43 pm

Me again - haven't been able to find any lyrics other than Woodpeckers From Space, but... I did stumble across this site which provides a free download of the album. Dunno if you're interested... ???

Those lyrics are quite hard to find: The only song lyrics possible to find are the ones to "Woodpecker From Space" and the only songs existing on the net are this one and "Do The Rap".

http://cdwell.com/shop/images/big/V/Video%20Kids/Invasion%20Of%20The%20Spacepeckers.jpg <--- This is the digital version of the 1985's LP

Thanks, Henk, but I've browsed through that page and it leads me to a Russian site where the album's sold.
I'm from Venezuela and I know of them because an aunt-in-law of mine bought this LP for her nephew and niece and that's probalbly the only copy there is around my hometown

By the way, I read, since they played Italo-Disco, they were actually from Sabine, Italy.

http://videokids.freeloadmp3.com/albums/14963_200_200.jpg <--- That's the sleeve I grew up on.

Oh, guess what: I kept seraching for information about Video Kids and found out that one of the people behind this project was the DJ, Peter "Hithouse" Slaghuis, who made a name of himself as a really famous Dutch DJ in the 80's and this and the 2nd. Video Kids album were the only records he made as a lead singer.
What really saddened me was, I started listening to "The Invasion Of The Spacepeckers" just a few months after the car crash that made him pass away!!!  :\'(
I was really in show when I read it.
You should visit www.peterslaghius.com

Check for new replies or respond here...