inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sneakers.....

Written By: sweetie71372 on 01/30/06 at 2:38 am

I am trying to get the name of a sneaker that was made in the 80's.It was a cleat type sneaker and had a flap over the laces. Does anyone know the name and what company put them out? :P

Subject: Re: Sneakers.....

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/30/06 at 2:43 am

I voted the second option.  :D

Written By: sweetie71372 on 01/30/06 at 3:10 am

Wrong thing I wanted to post and I polled...my bad.LOL. :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/06 at 3:17 am

I voted option #2 as well :D

In response to your original question, could they have been Converse All-Stars?

Written By: sweetie71372 on 01/30/06 at 3:23 am

Nope. I'm not even sure Converse makes them.They were really popular when I was in like 8th-9th grade. It's like really driving me crazy that I can't remember the name. Like I said they were like a casual cleat with the flap covering the laces and the soles were like in waves. :D :D

Written By: Skippy on 01/30/06 at 3:26 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: Skippy on 01/30/06 at 3:28 am

Nope. I'm not even sure Converse makes them.They were really popular when I was in like 8th-9th grade. It's like really driving me crazy that I can't remember the name. Like I said they were like a casual cleat with the flap covering the laces and the soles were like in waves. :D :D

Hmmm, those sound so familiar. Give me a minute.

Written By: sweetie71372 on 01/30/06 at 3:30 am

Maybe I'm just on "stupid status" maybe they were converse all stars but i'd need a pic to know.. but there wasn't any velcro.

Written By: Skippy on 01/30/06 at 3:53 am

If you could remember if they had stripes and/or the shape of the stripes it would really help. For some reason I keep thinking Puma or Adidas.

Written By: sweetie71372 on 01/30/06 at 3:56 am

I thought Puma too. They were low top, ya know just regular and the bottom rubber was "wavey" and it had a wedge shaped tongue thing that covered the laces...it was a type of cleat I am pretty sure of that. They cost like $40 back in like 1988. This is really making me crazy.

Check for new replies or respond here...